XV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Confrontations

{ Rhaenyra }

✧✦✧

𝕽haenyra smoothed out Malkym's mother dress, which was in the traditional red and silver colours of the Thorne house. It felt nice to have some part of her betrothed with her as she entered into the Godswood with an apprehensive look plastered to her face. Malkym and her had spoken of what this could be about when she had arrived at Alterwoode, but she had hoped that people would understand that Daemon kissing her was not in her control, and retreating to Alterwoode was to get away.

It was a fools hope.

Taking a deep breath, she made sure to compose herself before advancing towards Alicent, who was dressed in a deep red colour, fiddling with the rings on her fingers.

"What happened last week?" Rhaenyra knew that this had been coming, ever since she had accepted Daemon's proposal and then fled to Alterwoode to be back with her betrothed.

"What do you mean?"

"My father has made some worrying allegations about you." Alicent was fiddling with her fingers, as she always did when she was nervous. "Were you with your uncle?"

Rhaenyra flinched at that, still feeling Daemon's lips on hers, even after she said no. Her only source of comfort was the knowledge of Malkym's lips on her skin, his hands in her hair and how it had burnt Daemon's unwanted touch off from her skin.

"Oh, I...I haven't seen him in years. He asked to meet." Rhaenyra shrugged.

"Tell me the whole of it, Rhaenyra." Alicent demanded, stalking closer.

"Your father accused me of something. That I drank wine with Daemon? That we argued? Left the castle after dark?"

"That, after Daemon attempted to have his way with you, you flew straight to Alterwoode to escape the rumours." Alicent hissed. Rhaenyra scoffed, her face darkening as she glared at Alicent. She knew that the Small Council would suggest this, but for Alicent to? "Rhaenyra, you were alone with your betrothed. There is a rumour that maybe you slept with him whilst you were there."

"This is a vile accusation." She was lying through her teeth. Admittedly, Rhaenyra hadn't travelled to Alterwoode to sleep with Malkym, merely to speak with him but one thing had led to another and she had been perfectly content with the result. 

"Is it?" Alicent glared. "You Targaryens do have queer customs and Daemon certainly knows no limit and you were alone with Malkym. Alone, with no guards and no one to keep watch of you."