XVI

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Mothers

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕾moothing his clothes once more, Malkym fussed over his appearance as he waited with a baited breath by the gates. 

"Are you alright?" Rhaenyra stood by her betrothed's side, watching as Malkym looked back and forth, waiting for the gates to open. He was excited, and it brought a smile to her face as she watched him.

"I am excited. Greatly so." Malkym turned to her, grin wide and eyes bright. Rhaenyra nodded, hooking her arm through her betrothed's as he turned back. They had been given notice that Malkym's family were close, ready for the week of celebrations for the wedding between the pair, and Rhaenyra was excited to see them once more.

She wished to hear what stories his brothers had.

It took another few minutes of excited fidgeting from Malkym before the gates open and the Thorne sigil appeared. The first to ride in was Calym, closely followed by Michayl and Ser Rickard. Behind them, a carriage bounced along, causing Malkym to narrow his eyes but he was distracted swiftly.

"Brother!" Calym bounded over, embracing the man tightly before remembering that he was supposed to bow to the princess first. "My apologies, Your Grace."

Rhaenyra waved him off. She often wondered if she had siblings that she actually liked, would she have been as close with them as Malkym and his brothers were. She wished for that bond, and sometimes, she regretted how things had been with Aegon, but that was normally swept away quickly.

"It is completely fine. You should speak with your brother first." Calym nodded, bowing his head again before squeezing his brother tighter as Malkym patted him on the back.

"How are you? Are you alright?" Calym nodded as Michayl joined them. Malkym patted his youngest brother's cheek, an eyebrow cocked. "Both of you?"

"It has been a long few weeks." Michayl shrugged, bowing his head to the princess before embracing his brother. "We are happy to be here though. It is good that we can be."

"That is the truth." Malkym patted his brothers on the back again, before turning. "Both of you already know my betrothed, Princess Rhaenyra."

"Yes, we have met before." Calym looked unsure of what to do. Rhaenyra held her hand out to both boys, who kissed it quickly and bowed. Rhaenyra smiled gently at them. 

"It is good to meet you in an official nature." Rhaenyra smiled. "I am looking forward to joining your family when your brother and I marry."

"It'll be nice to have a sister." Calym smiled, his grin turning cheeky as Rhaenyra began to smile. "Malkym and I prayed for one and instead we got Michayl."