XX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | Summons

{ Malkym }

✧✦✧

𝕸alkym continued to pace back and forth outside, even half a day after Rhaenyra had gone into labour, before finally the call was given that he could enter the room. He jumped from his seat, opening the door with a smile at the sight of his beloved wife in the bed.

Rhaenyra looked worn out, her eyes tired as she struggled to sit upright, her arms trembling.

"Rhae, no." Malkym rushed over, carefully sitting down beside her and smiling as she allowed herself to ease into the pillows around her. She could relax now that Malkym was here to protect their baby and by her side once more. Labouring without him had been horrific. "How are you feeling? Is everything alright?"

"In pain." Rhaenyra got out between pants of breath as she tried to recover, her cheeks flushed with exertion, forehead sweaty and white hair a mess behind her.

"You did so well, my darling dragon." Malkym drew a laugh out of his wife at the nickname, before detangling her white hair, smoothing it off her head and pressing a kiss to her lips softly. Normally, he would have braided it whilst she was in the early stages of labour, but as he was not allowed in the room, he had not, and the handmaids did not know her well enough to do so. "And the babe?"

"He is good." The man's face lit up, eyes going wide at the news. A smile began to grow on his face.

"Another boy?" Malkym grinned as Rhaenyra nodded, before looking for the baby. The midwife was holding onto him, but hurried over to place the baby into Malkym's arms. Malkym's eyes went wide, looking at the tiny being, who was already whimpering and struggling to open his eyes, his little hand flailing as it searched for who was holding onto him.

"A son, my prince." She bowed her head. "As healthy as his mother, and no doubt as strong as his father."

"He is perfect, Rhaenyra. Just like his brothers." Malkym smiled, smoothing the baby's sparse dark hair that was so similar to his own already. "Have you named him?"

Rhaenyra smiled, watching her husband. No matter that this was their third child, Malkym looked at his son with the same amount of adoration as he looked at their first. It had been why she'd never had any doubt that he would be an amazing father.

"Camryn. Camryn Thorne." Rhaenyra sat upright, hissing as Malkym was quick to hurry back to her side, sitting next to her and making sure that the stubborn woman stayed in one place. The warm look in his eyes had Rhaenyra smiling gently. It was the same look that he'd always had for her, full of love and adoration and it never seemed to waiver. Not since they had been betrothed. "He has got the lungs of his father."