Epilogue

。: A♥u♥g♥u♥s♥t :。

We've finally entered August, the last month before our summer break comes to it's destiny. It's been weeks since the day I brought Stacy home, and ever since then the neighborhood has been in a state of peace. The weather has been subtle, along with the sanity of our friend group and no grudges has been held with each other.

I say that because Stacy explained how Nya knew about Angel at the party, but at the end she decided not to let that affect their friendship—but that's her final warning.

As for the state of Angel, no one has heard from her since the party. I would wish not to know, for she is only an reminder of the heavy regret I have placed behind me. It still bothers every now and then, but my friends has been my best therapy—helping me place the past behind me.

Other than that, Claudia and Jessica have continued their cheerleading, Jelissa with her dance team, Stacy and Tiffany with Volleyball, and Markus, Jordan and I with Football. As for Skylar, she's continued with her Media—Candace teaming up with her. There's been no disruptions, drama, or unnecessary mess within our group. It's been peaceful and we wish for it to stay that way. 

Besides everything that has taken place, today is Sunday and my mother invited the Kanoa family to dinner. Mom and I decided to step out of box, and make some food based off the Hawaiian culture.

Mr. Kanoa expressed that it tastes just like home, and it was exactly what mom and I wanted to hear. The table discussion was thrilling, and once again I was entertained—happy at how great our parents can get along.

After a fun time at dinner, Stacy and I left the house early, leaving our parents to converse for the remainder of the evening. The sun was setting on the eastside of neighboring, leaving the skies pink and tangerine. Once again everybody was huddled up on Marku's porch, prepared to hang out until the sun came back up in the morning.

Euphoria clouded the atmosphere between us, the moment we arrived to the porch. We sat and spoke amongst each other, and nostalgia flooded within me. The sensation reminded me of the first time, I took refuge on this porch. Feels like I've been here for a lifetime.

Just like every good story, they all have to come to an end. One of my mother and I's finest choices so far has to be our move to Oakland. I adopted to a new way of life, a new home, new friends, and humorously fell in love. I could not have asked for a better summer, and I am hoping that it will be just as dreamy next year. However, now that school is about start, I'll be embarking on yet another journey.

Mom I love you, friends I love you, Stacy I love you, God I love you.

Oakland... I... love... you

The End 💯