Chapter 16: Cooling Period

Xavier POV...

=1 hour later=

"So tell me... When did you and your mom decide to rob IHOP for their pancake recipe." Stacy asked covering her mouth while it was full.

I laughed. "We didn't rob them, the recipe was leaked online."

She snickers, her hair hides the side of her face, she flicks it back. "But, for real this is spot on, these are the best pancakes I've had in a long time."

We were now seated and dining in the living room after an hour dancing around in the kitchen, preparing breakfast. I was able to make pancakes directly from Ihop thanks to the fact that I recalled she had bacon powder. They soaked up syrup like a sponge and were so delicate they melted on the surface of our tongues. As for the rest of the food she had prepared it reminded me of my grandmother's cooking. She didn't have any bacon left but had turkey sausage links for days and I'm thankful it wasn't pork. Not that anything's wrong with pork, it just gives me headaches. But as for Stacy, she rarely talked because of the food being so favorable.

As time passed while eating, a few things did cross my mind that I didn't mention. I began to wonder when we were going to reveal to our friends that we were beginning to date. We haven't made things obvious around the group, but at the same time, we don't want to hold this a secret for too long. Hell, I've seen Claudia, Jordan, Tiffany, and Markus get together on the same night.

I just wonder how we're going to reveal ourselves.

"I do have one question"

Stacy face me, licking the syrup from her lips. "Wassup?"

I sit my fork against the brown platter. "When, are we going to tell Markus them that we're dating?"

Her eyebrows raise, and she motions her head as if she was juggling with decisions in her mind. "They'll just... Find out when they find out. I think it'll be better that way, than just coming out of the blue." She explains.

Markus POV...

It's Noon. The sun beam down on the crown of my head, while I shoot hoops in the neighborhood basketball court. Got a little bored in the house this morning, didn't have much to do. From watching football highlights to laying in the center of my floor thinking about what I wanna do with myself. It won't be long till the boys and I have to go to summer training for this upcoming football season. So, I decided to get off my ass and get some cardio in on the court.

(Swoosh!) The ball sways through the center of the net.

It's hot hell outside, but the blue atmosphere got a couple of clouds in the sky. So, I'll catch some shade when can. I shoot the ball again.

(Swoosh!)

I tried to get Jordan out here with me, but he headed to the Law Firm not too long ago. As for X, there's no telling where he at. Been blowing up his phone all morning, and hasn't received not one text message back yet.

(Swoosh!).

"Keep trying." A voice appeared from behind me.

Tiffany. I turn around as she enters the gate, stepping onto the grey court. Clenching the basketball in both my hands, I meet her halfway. "Wassup girl." I now stand face-first to where she stands.

She gives me a peck on the lips. "Mm." She hums in irritation, flicking my damp shirt. "You're sweaty."

Off guard, she snatches the basketball away from my hands and starts to dribble. She wore a neon pink sports bra, blue gym shorts with all-white tennis shoes.  "You could've called me and said you were out here."