Chapter 18: Events After Another

Xavier POV...

Stacy runs over to the pretty girl, hugging her as if she was an old friend that emerged after being away for a long time.

Marva...

She wore her hair out natural in a fro, skin complexion the same as mine, and an hour glass shape to her sculpture. Holding a volley ball in her left hand, tells me she's athletic. Her smile was like moonlight, demeanor—very feminine. Something like Candace, but minus the tomboyish side too her. I could be suspecting wrong, after all this is my first time even hearing about a girl named Marva

"Yo, how have you been?" Marva asked, holding both of Stacy's hands.

"Ive been great, I haven't seen you since we got out of school." Stacy replied "How has your summer been so far."

"Amazing. I've been all over the country, you know how my father loves to drive State to State. But, now I'm back home and decided to come out to the beach. Keeping the melanin pure beneath my skin.... You know. "Marva goes on. "Who you're here with?"

"Oh, I'm here with the gang, you know how that goes. Skylar, Jessica, Jordan, all of them." Stacy replies

"No doubt." Marva shifts her attention over Stacy, catching my eye. I deeply exhale. "Who's he?" She points. "I've never seen him before."

"Oh, that's because he's new. His name is Xavier, he just moved to Oakland last month. He's our newest friend, neighbor and..." Stacy turns her head to me. "Is someone I'm currently talking too." Turning back to Marva

Marva raise her eyebrows immediately, in alarm. "Talking? As in talking... The talking I'm thinking about?"

"Yes." Stacy laughs at her confusion.

"What!" Marva walks my way, placing her hand over her chest. "Are you serious... Oh my God! I thought you were going to turn out gay."

"Gee, thanks for having faith." Stacy rolls her eyes.

"And..." She smiles, nodding her head glancing me in the eyes. "...He's cute. How did you manage to pull this one off?" She goes on, folding her arms coming near.

Don't make me blush... My hell...

"It was..." Stacy starts, but stops in her sentence. "...Well...It's actually a long story, I'll have to tell you when we have more time on our hands." She answers.

"Okay, that's fine." She turns her attention back to me. "Well, Hello! My name is Marva, I'm Stacy's volleyball teammate, and another one of her sisters you may not know about..." She extends her hand, continuing to smile. "...But you do know now."

"Indeed." Our hands connect. "And you can call me X, for short."

Maria looks back at Stacy. "He seems fit." Turning back to me, moving her hands up my arms. "Big arms... Football I suppose?" She asks, and I nod. "Defensive player... Linebacker. You're cut, so you must be fast."

Maria's voice was filled with sweetness, like a natural flirt but it matches her energy. She's touchy and is making that very obvious, but Stacy's body language was normal. Seems to be part of her personality, so I don't tense up when she observes me. I observe people the same, but I'm not the hands on type. I do it all in my head.

"You got me all figured out."

"I know a ballplayer when I see one." She removes her hand from my arm. "And, I'm glad I ran into you two, cause me and this squad actually needs two more people to join us, for this Volleyball game."

"Volleyball?"
Stacy and I said at the same time.

"Yeah, we're going against a red team. They've been on a winning streak, and has been hogging the net all morning. Not giving other people a chance to play, and I think that it's time we put them to shame." Marva pointed towards the nets down the Beach. A crowd roared to the sound of a Volley smashing against the sand.