Chapter 12: Tell Me

Xavier POV...

The movie was over. I eventually went back inside of the theatre after getting my mind together. Able to enjoy the rest of the screening with my friends, along with learning a powerful message towards the ending.

You know that feeling you get when you exit out of a theatre by sundown? I can honestly say it's one of those times when life hits different. Clouds taking on the color of the falling sun. Neon lights glinting off the walls of the AMC building, as more cars arrived in the parking lot. Lines of enthusiastic adults circles the building, anxious to buy their tickets for tonight's screening. And, people exiting the building from an unforgettable adventure. 

We're currently part of that party, strolling our way out of the Theater heading to our cars. Crowds of people chattering amongst each other, holding their sodas and stale popcorn. I'm surrounded by smiles and laughter, as the wind is still during this time of the evening. Daylight gleamed on us all, changing the pigments within our skin— glowing brighter the more the sun laid onto the horizon. The step that was on our schedule was finding a decent place to get some promising food. But, Everyone can't seem to make up their minds.

"I wanna go to In and Out burger," Candace whined

"Well, I want Chipotle." Markus held onto his stomach.

"Panda Express would be nice," Skylar said

" Chick-Fil-A always do the job," Tiffany said

"Carl's Jr." Arron

"Wendy's." J Twins

"Taco Bell." Jordan

After hearing so many options from everybody made me work up more of an appetite. I didn't know what I wanted to eat if I was being honest. There are so many options in the palm of our hands, that if it was possible to hit every restaurant at one time, we'd do it. As of right now, that's fictional. Where we go I really wouldn't care, I'm just hungry.

Claudia galloped in front of all of us and gathered our attention—stopping us from walking.

"Hey, whole up! Too many damn options!" Claudia shouts "We just need to stick with a place where all of us can enjoy some food. We don't need to be going up and down town to all these fast food, sit in places."

"Hey Claudia how you doing." Arron cuts her off. "Umm you do know we're in the middle of the street right?"

"Shut up nigga." Claudia responds, and we all  laugh. "But seriously though make up y'all mind now, before we get into these cars."

"Let's just go to Chilli's." I suggested, keeping my hands in the pockets of jeans. After saying what said, everyone places there eyes on me as if I did something immoral."What?"

There was a pause between us all.

"You know... That.. that actually wouldn't be bad." Claudia breaks the silence.

"She's right, now that I think of it. We could have a bomb ass buffet." Jellisa responded

"Order everything off the menu." Jessica added

"Ouuu and we can order a shit ton of appetizers too." Arron talks with excitement in his voice. "Bruh I'm down for this."

"Hell Yeah, I'm stirring up a appetite." Candace nudges me with her elbow. "X, strikes again."

"Look at X-man." Miranda comes from under Arron's arms, rubbing the top of my waves. "He think he doing something."

"Welp, if we want to get a good table, we should start heading down the road now." August speaks.