{twenty-one}

I woke up in a hospital bed, an IV dripping something into my arm.
I tried to sit up, but I felt weak and sick. Was the food off?

I felt my stomach lurch, pushing myself over to throw up into the bin down beside me.

The door pushed open, and there he was.
Felix. Or my sunshine?? No, Felix. Yeah.

My sunshine didn't wear make up.

He rushed over to my side, passing me a tissue to clean my face.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" He asked worriedly.
"Terrible." I responded, laying back down, and closing my eyes to stop the world from spinning.

I felt his hand wrap around mine.
"They're still running some tests, to try and figure out what made you feel sick." He explained.

"Probably just stress.. yeah." I said, sighing lightly.

Felix just frowned, but he knew you weren't watching him.
He doubted it was stress.

Bang Chan came rushing back, as Felix backed into the dance room again, trying to hold you up.

"What happened?" Bang Chan asked, as Felix stuttered.
"I don't know, we were talking and she just suddenly passed out on me." Felix explained, as Bang Chan helped her onto the couch, placing two fingers against her neck.

"Slow but steady. If she fainted she should have woken up by now." Bang Chan said, Felix nodding as his eyes darted around the room.
Where Y/N's bag lay was the rest of her lunch, which she was saving for later.

He wandered on over, flicking the wrapper over.

"There's something in this. It smells off. So food poisoning?" Felix asked, Bang Chan coming over himself.

"Off? Take a look." Bang Chan said, grabbing your fork and flicking through the food - there were small clumps of what looked like cheese, but as he pushed down, had the consistency of a pain tablet.

He frowned.
"No, she's been drugged. One guess by who."

"Mirae." Felix scowled, before standing up quickly.

"We have to get her to the ED. We don't know what it was and it might be deadly. I wouldn't put it past Mirae to do that." He said, going over and trying to lift Y/N again.

"Okay. JYP is going to kill us if the media sees us though." Bang Chan said quietly, Felix turning back as he heard that.

"Just when have we cared what he thinks, anyway?"

"You think someone drugged my food?" I asked, this time looking at him.
He nodded his head slowly. "Like I said, they're still running tests. If you were drugged, the police can narrow their investigation to people who were in the cafe today."

"Okay.. have they gotten me a new phone yet? I promised my mum I'd speak to her every day and I.. haven't yet." I asked, as Felix nodded, passing me the phone.

"Bang Chan's number is already in it for you, since well you can get to any of us through him. The boss already had his in it. Unlimited calls internationally as well for you. I'll leave you to it and see what the doctors have discovered, okay?" He said, smiling, and patting my hand as he walked off.

I opened the device, making sure it was logged into my account, before I plugged in my sunshine's number.
Felix's stuff was sitting on the chair beside me, including his phone. I could see it.

If it buzzed, that meant it was him, right?

New message to Sunshine 💛
Hi! Are you okay? I haven't spoken to you in awhile.
I miss you, and our arcade dates - or whatever you want to call them.
Has anyone hurt you recently? To be honest with you, someone has been threatening me recently.. and threatening you too... so I wanted to check that you were okay.
This is Y/N by the way - my old phone broke :)
Delivered 17:34

I waited patiently, watching his phone.
But it stayed off.

Then my own device buzzed, as I looked down.

Sunshine💛
I figured it was you! I'm okay , I'm sorry, it's just been really busy with my grandma and with work.. are you okay though?? Like are you hurt? I'm fine, but I mean I've been out of town, so..

Y/N
Does being hit by a car and poisoned count as okay?
I'm better off knowing you're okay though. How's your grandma?

She's doing better. I've been looking after
her dog for her!

Sunshine attached (1) image

Aww he's cute!Well I hope she feels better soon :)Sunshine reacted ❤️ to the messageread, 17:47

Aww he's cute!
Well I hope she feels better soon :)
Sunshine reacted ❤️ to the message
read, 17:47

I sighed, placing it down in defeat.
So they were just doppelgängers then.
I suppose everyone did have a duplicate out there, but I just felt disappointed.

How did my attacker know about him as well? Were they just trying to get me to be alone?
The only people I had told about my sunshine and auditioning within JYP was Mirae, Yohan, and Taekyung.

The last two wouldn't do anything - I had known them the whole time I was in Korea, and they wanted nothing but the best for me.

After hearing stories about Mirae, I wasn't that sure I should be trusting her anymore.

Felix came back in, a doctor beside him.

"Well Y/N, you're a lucky girl." The doctor started, as Felix came and grabbed my hand.
He had his mask up and hoodie over his face, fringe covering his eyes - he probably couldn't see very well, but I understood he didn't want to be seen.

It was a matter of life and death at this point, wasn't it?

"Do you know what it was?" I asked, sitting up in my bed.

"You ingested a large amount of chloroform. In your case, a fatal amount. You're lucky Yongbok here brought you in, otherwise you may have died. We have you on drip medication until you're healthier, and then you can go home with oral tablets." The doctor explained, as I nodded.

"Don't you usually feel sick before hand, like if you breathe that stuff in? I just suddenly passed out." I enquired, as the doctor bit at his lip in thought.

"It is possible you ingested a form of tablet or capsule, which had to be absorbed in your stomach. Have you taken any drugs recently, medicinal or otherwise?" He asked, as I shook my head.

"There were tablets in your food Y/N. They just looked like cheese - you know like clumps of Parmesan?" Felix said quickly beside me, as I felt my face drain of colour.

So it was deliberate...

"We'll discharge you tomorrow, as we need to keep you here in case anything happens. I'll bring a form in here soon for your insurance claim. I hope you feel better soon, Miss Y/N." The Doctor smiled, leaving us alone.

"If I've got to be honest, I don't have insurance. This is going to hurt." I laughed dryly, as Felix just squeezed my hand.

"Don't worry about that Y/N, and don't worry about anything. I promise I will keep you safe from this point on, because I couldn't before. I swear I will." Felix said, staring straight into my eyes.

His own were glistening, with tears?