{thirty-nine}

I arrived at Yongbok, my 'sunshine's' house not too long later.
Well, an hour or so on public commute- he had offered to pay for a cab, but I refused.

And here I stood, at the penthouse door- and as it clicked open Han came out.

"Oh- Y/N." He muttered, giving a small smile before rushing off.

"Come in, it's okay," Yongbok said as I wandered inside, finding him in the living room, fiddling with his... nose piercing?
That was new.

"Oh. Since when was your nose pierced?" I asked, as he enveloped me in a hug.
"It was a rushed decision a week back. I regret it, I look weird." He said, wincing as my hair brushed against it.

"I think it looks good. Also your poor hair must be so fried, it's a different colour every week." I said, as he just smiled awkwardly.

"Yes, well, when you're rich like me, it's okay," he said, before breaking down into laughter, "i'm kidding, that sounded so cocky."

"It did a bit." I smiled, as he just grabbed my hand, taking us to the arcade room.

But then the power faltered, and was cut, as he flicked the light switch aimlessly.

"That's interesting. It must be maintenance." He said softly.
On the other hand, I watched his actions carefully. His mannerisms were identical to Felix's- but the hair and the piercings and the scar didn't make sense. Unless...

Was it a cover? Owning this penthouse would be an expensive cover for him, however- Stray Kids live in the dorms.

"Earth to Y/N," my sunshine said, as I blinked, looking at him with a soft smile, "oh, sorry, what were you saying?"

"I said we'll have to wait until the powers back on. My stove will work, so I'll cook us something." He repeated, as I just nodded.

I had a feeling it wasn't just maintenance, as my phone buzzed excessively in my pocket. Spam numbers.
How did people manage to get my number anyways?

He just glanced back at me, "you should get a personal phone as well as the work one. And only give your phone number to non work people. So like your family, and your old work friends. I- Felix told me he has two, it helps to silence those people."
His voice dropped to a somber whisper as he said that, as i just smiled softly.

"I'm not really making an income for the moment to afford that.. but maybe after I debut, if I make it that long." I sighed, as he smiled softly.

"You will. Don't worry."

Had he just given himself away? If Felix had two phones, it would make sense why there were two points of contact.

So excusing myself, I went to the bathroom, and dialed Felix.

He let it ring once, twice.

Standing in the kitchen, his heart was racing. Did she know?
He silenced his phone, flipping it over.
He couldn't answer it. That would give himself up.

When Felix didn't pick up, I left the bathroom, coming back out, watching him carefully.

"You look worried. You okay?"

"Oh. Yeah. I'm fine." He stuttered, pinching the bridge of his nose, "i'm just upset the powers out! I really wanted to beat you on the game, Y/N."

"Ah, maybe next time." I smiled softly, as he sighed.
"Yeah... I'll make us some stew, you eat meat, yeah? Ah.. i'll use tofu as well." He muttered, mainly to himself as I sat at the kitchen counter, as he pulled ingredients out of an essentially empty fridge, and started cooking.

"Do you have two phones?" I asked, as he nodded slowly.
"Yeah. Why?"

"Can I have your second phone number then? You might not pick up your personal."

There was no response, as he sighed.
"Don't be silly, Y/N. I'll pick up for you always."

My brow furrowed in frustration. He was hiding something.

"What are you hiding, Yongbok?"

"Nothing, Y/N, I swear to you."

I had a hard time believing that, as I played on my phone in my lap, and dialled Felix again.

The man before me froze up as his phone started ringing.
The same ringtone as Felix.

I stood up instantly.
"You sure you're not hiding anything from me, Felix?"

"What, no- Uh, Y/N, come on." He stammered, as he turned around to face me, face hot with embarrassment.

"I should've known that loving you was going to be a losing game, Felix! You've lied to me!" I exclaimed, voice rising slightly.

His eyes were wide in panic, dropping the pan as he stepped closer.

"Y/N.. let me explain."

"No. You've lied to me." I said, holding my hand to silence him, before dropping it, and bowing my head.

"Everything we've done has been inappropriate. I'm sorry." I said, backing away from him.

Felix just stepped closer, hand outstretched.
"Y/N.. please, just let me explain."

"Felix, we lied to JYP! Over a legal matter! My debut is at risk, your career is at risk- and over what! We're friends either way, so what's the problem?" I exclaimed, as his face scrunched.

"I can't love you as an idol, Y/N, that's the problem, because I love you so, so much!"

"I can't. We can't.." I said slowly, still stepping away from him.
He let his hand drop to his side, head hanging.

"I'm sorry.. Y/N.. please.. let me explain."

"Just.. no, Felix, no." I said, and then I turned on my heel and left.

He didn't follow.