{thirty}

Friday
Stray Kids departed for the second part of their world tour the week after, and I hadn't spoken to them since.

I was still training harshly, and every day I felt more and more sore.
But I could see the improvement, and eventually, I was told they had a prediction on my debut.

"Y/N, we know you've only been training for a few months, but we predict you will have debuted by the end of this year. Congrats. We'll speak more with you about this all later, and whether or not we'll put you in a group. Thank you." The trainee manager said, as I felt my heart pounding.

I bowed. "Thank you so much, sir."

As soon as I got to my own training room that week, I squealed, and instantly called my mum.

"Mum! I'm going to debut! When? Ah, by the end of the year! I'm so happy!" I exclaimed, and we spoke for awhile.

Then my finger hovered over my sunshine, well, Yongbok as he now wants me to call him, his contact.

I stopped myself. I don't know why, but it felt wrong.

But then I clicked on the ring button, and waited as it rung.
Once.
Twice.

On the third ring he picked up.

"Y/N?" He whispered on the other end of the line. He sounded tired, but glancing up, it was only 7 o'clock.
Then again, I was exhausted too, so I couldn't blame him.

"I'm sorry, if you're busy I can hang up." I said, as I heard him laugh.

"Not at all. Hold on, turn the camera on." He said, so I did, and he turned his on.

He was in a hoodie, and I couldn't see his hair, as he was tucked in bed.

"Wow, you're such an old man." I laughed, as he sighed.
"I've got to be up early tomorrow, okay? Be nice. You look happy." He said, as I nodded, leaning against the mirror.

"I'm going to debut! Well, there's no official plan yet, but they believe by the end of the year. We still need to talk about whether I'll be in a group or solo, but it's happening, Yongbok!" I squealed, covering my mouth. "Oh my god that was so loud."

I saw him sit up, as he grinned from ear to ear.

"I knew it- see, I told you you were amazing! I'm so proud of you! I'll be your number one fan~! Ah, this would mean the company will let you start posting stuff now, within reason of course. You know how trainees usually post dance stuff? Yeah!" Yongbok said, as I frowned.

"Oh hell no, I couldn't. People are mean." I whined, as he just laughed.

"It helps to build your like, pre-debut fame I suppose? Plus, it should help to cover the old dating rumours. When you get a manager, talk to them about it!" Yongbok smiled, as I smiled back.

"Yeah, alright, I will. What's one of the songs you helped produce, I'll learn the dance for you." I chuckled, as he hummed.

"Most Stray Kids Songs. Do one of them! Ah, there most recent comeback! It would be quite impressive if you've learnt it this quickly!" Yongbok said, as I cringed.

"Yeah, but dancing to Stray Kids, with the rumour.." I sighed, as he laughed.

"Love, it was ages ago. No one cares. Since the comeback is almost here, Stray Kids will be performing on music bank anyways. They usually send trainees to watch and learn. Maybe one of the members will dance with you backstage! You know, those sort of videos? But we'll see! I can't wait until you're famous Y/N, I'm so proud of you." He smiled, before he yawned, knocking sounding from elsewhere as he looked up, before glancing back down.

"Maybe you could help me with my music?" I smiled gently, as he smiled back.
"I would love to. Now, it's time for old man Yongbok to go to bed. Best of luck to you, I'll talk to you later. Bye bye, love you~!" Yongbok said quickly, hanging up.

I don't know why my heart was racing as he said that. Maybe it was mixed with the sound of his deep voice, his gorgeous smile, and the way he called me love...

I shook the thought away.
"Y/N. You are being ridiculous." I scowled, before standing up, and practicing my dance.

When I woke up the next day, I tried my best to get straight up to the training room, but a crowd downstairs stopped me.

Security were quickly pushing reporters and sasaengs out, as Stray Kids walked into the building, bowing at the workers around them.

I felt my heart skip a beat as I saw Felix. Why did he have this effect on me?

"Ms L/N, welcome." The Security guard said, letting me past as I heard the people yelling at me now.

"L/N? As in L/N Y/N? She's the one who was with Felix!"
"The rumours were debunked. We were all fooled."
"Oh I can't wait for her debut! I wonder what she's really like, her social media is so empty..."

I walked over to the lift, watching as the door closed.

Felix put his foot in the way, smiling.

"Come on, get in. Floor 3 yeah?" He said, as I stepped in, bowing.

"Yes, thank you." I said quietly, as he clicked the '3', the doors finally shutting.

I heard him let out a deep sigh. "These people. They're not even fans, why are they bothering us."

"It's what they get paid to do." Minho grumbled, flashing a smile my way.

The door opened quite quickly for me.
"Thank you for holding the lift. Welcome back to Korea! I can't wait for your comeback." I smiled, waving as I wandered on out.

Felix smiled until he could no longer see me, before hanging his head.

Hyunjin placed a hand on his friends shoulder.

"I hated that. She's so like, scared of me. I know it's just a respect thing, but I hate it." Felix grumbled.

"She's just scared. As a trainee it's really hard, especially for the girls. They get attacked left, right, and centre. She can't risk it. I'm sure she means nothing by it." Hyunjin smiled gently.

"Yeah, I agree with Hyunjin. Don't worry about it, Lix, everything will work out." Minho smiled, and as they arrived on the floor, the other five members were already waiting.

Chan clapped his hands. "Right, let's run through the dance once more for music bank this week. Then, we've got some interviews to film. Afterwards, I'm taking us out for dinner, alright?"