{thirty-eight}

Monday
"I would suggest you move companies, Y/N, but i've already started the funding for your debut, and I wouldn't want to lose a talent like yourself," the company head explained, frowning.
"I'm so sorry for your loss." He said, as I just bowed my head.

"It's okay. And thank you. Have you found anything out yet about these attackers? I'm no police, but-" I started, but he cut me off.
"The police are working on it. Exactly, you're not a police officer, so don't even try. Don't waste your time. I'm forcing you on a paid break, Y/N. Go back to Suwon, spend time with your old friends." He said, as I just stammered, protesting, but he cut me off.

"You'll work yourself to death in grief. Your mother warned me- a lovely lady, mind you." He said, as i just sighed.

"Okay.. but I only need a week." I said, as he nodded.

"Then that's all I'll give you." He said, and I was dismissed.

Tuesday
I went straight back to my old cafe, where both my old friends were working, Taekyung pulling me into a hug in an instant.
I broke down crying.

For some reason, that's all I managed to do these days. But it was nice, feeling the comfort of an old friend, as Yohan made me my favourite coffee.

"It's on the house. You're still one of us." He said, as Taekyung dragged him into the hug, before I pulled away.

"I've missed you two. How's it been?" I asked, as she shrugged.

"As exciting as a cafe can be. We're still looking for another barista, but money is going well, so it's alright. It's usually just me and Yohan, plus a chef." Taekyung explained, as I just smiled.

"Well, I'm glad."

"How about you, Y/N?" Yohan asked, which left him to getting elbowed, Taekyung smiling at me.

"Yes, Y/N, how are you? We saw the show, you're amazing. I hope I get front row seats at your next stage." Taekyung smiled, as I just laughed softly.

"I'll get that organised. But everything is.. alright. I'm being stalked- isn't that the sign of a famous person?" I tried to say it light-hearted, but Taekyung smile dropped.
"And is your company not doing anything about it?"

"They're trying-"

"Oh bullshit they're trying, Y/N! I know damn well this has been going on for awhile. They need to get their self into gear, they are a multi-million dollar company, they can afford to protect you." Taekyung yelled, as i just moved back, she froze, grabbing my hand.

"I'm sorry, Y/N, i'm not angry at you, i'm worried for you. I want you to be safe and happy." Taekyung said, as I smiled gently.

"I know that."

Conversations drifted, and then I drove back 'home'- which for the week was a cheap, small room in a back alley hotel of Suwon.

Which was fine. I didn't plan to do nothing. Staying busy meant not thinking. And not thinking meant I wasn't stressing over this whole 'stalker' situation.

Wednesday
I sat in the racing machine at the arcade, it hissing and singing as the automation ran, when I felt a tapping on my shoulder.

I turned around quickly, to see...

Han?

"Han? What are you doing here?" I asked instantly, as he smiled.

"I wanted to talk. Please." He said, as I just nodded, as he took my hand, dragging me inside the photo booth.

"Felix told me you liked this arcade, and see, when I found out your training was on, well, suspension," he did air brackets around that word, sighing, "I assumed I'd find you here."

I felt slightly tense, however- firstly, he was a big time idol, and here I sat, mere inches apart, over a conversation? What was something so important he travelled out to come talk?

"What is it, Han?" I asked, as he sighed, before grabbing my hand.

"Please open up to us about these threats, Y/N. I'm getting so worried- maybe it's because you remind me of Ara- you see, me and her were kind of.. well.. in love." He started, his hand shaking as I held his firmly in mine, an attempt at comfort- this was my first time really talking to him alone.
"I knew it was a stupid idea, truly," he said, sighing, "but she was perfect in every day. I didn't realise how much everything was getting to her,"

"Ara!" He called, tackling her into a hug.
Her eyes, sunken with exhaustion beamed up at him.
"Hannie! Oh I've missed you.. I've missed this."  Ara giggled, kissing his cheek as he grinned, giving her kisses down her neck, before he sat up with her.

She stared at him for a second, before smiling.
"I'll miss you when you go on tour." Her voice betrayed a sadness Han didn't notice at the time.

"I'll still be a phone call away, Ara." Han chuckled, before he stood up and kissed her forehead.

"I'll be back before you know it."

"We were on tour in America when I received the news she had killed herself, Y/N. Everything had seemed fine. But I suppose, the same goes for you. I don't know what you're thinking as of current, maybe you're calm, or you're freaking out. But you have made Felix so happy in this odd way, and I don't want anything to happen to you," his eyes glistened softly, as he took his hand back, wiping his eyes as he laughed gently.
"Sorry, sorry."

"No, you're fine. I appreciate you talking with me, Han. I'm so sorry about Ara, she sounded lovely." I said, as he just chuckled.
"She would have loved you. But please, you are our friend, trainee or not. So look after yourself." Han said, as he exited the photo booth, grinning.

"Take care, Y/N."

"You too, Han."

Friday
"You want me to come to your penthouse? Why?" I asked, my sunshine humming on the other end of the line.

"I have the day off, and your leg isn't really in a cast, so we can play the dance game again. And i'll beat you."

"Is that a challenge? If so, I am so on."

It felt as if my life troubles were all gone- well, almost.

unidentified number
listen to my warning, stupid cow

say that to my face <3

I just scoffed to myself. This was getting ridiculous- a faceless attacker, of course it was likely spam, but I wasn't worried, or tried not to be, anyways.

I'm going to slit your throat like i did to that pig Kyrin and laugh as you bleed out.
Don't be cocky.

this number has been blocked.