{twenty-six}

When I came to, I was laying in Yongbok's bed. I knew this, based on all the plushies on the couch beside me.
He had tucked me in, and my phone was put on mute.

I heard him pacing out in the hallways, on the phone to someone.
I tried sitting up, but my head kept spinning, so I just lay back down, rubbing my eyes and at the dried tears staining my face.

Eventually he came wandering in, rushing over to me as he grabbed my hand.
"Thank God you're okay, don't worry, we're getting this sorted. I work with JYP entertainment so I have contact with Stray Kids. I'm getting Bang Chan to come over so I can talk about this with him, and try to get yours and Felix's name clear, okay? Because that was me, with you, not him." Yongbok explained hastily, as I nodded, placing my head in his chest.

"Thank you." I whispered, as he just nodded.
"You're welcome."

I heard the doorbell ring, as Yongbok got up and wandered out, and within a few minutes Chan came wandering down the hall, smiling at me.

"Are you alright?" He asked, as I swung my legs over the side of the bed.

"As great as I can be. I'm not ready for the spotlight just yet, okay?" I chuckled darkly, as he hummed, turning to Yongbok.

"So, producer Lee, what do we do?" He started, as Felix waved me off as they went into the hallway.

I started looking at the articles comments.

"She's not even that pretty."

"Ugh, is she even an idol? Why would he waste his time on her?"

"She probably can't even dance."

"I hope she dies."

"She doesn't deserve to be in the presence of our sunshine."

I stifled a cry. What the hell?
Weren't some of these people the same ones who wanted to be with idols like Felix? As if they would qualify everyone's expectations.

I wasn't though. But I suppose, even for me it was hard to grasp.

But there were a few people commenting things such as "good for him" or "guys at least he's happy!", but all the negatives stood out to me way more.

I suppose that's what effected me the most.

Bang Chan came walking back in, pulling my phone from my hands.

"There's no point looking at it all, Y/N. People suck, so ignore them. We're going to go to the company now, and Producer Lee is going to stay here to do some work. We'll go find Felix and go talk to JYP. You're going to have to tell him you've never met Felix out of JYP, except for in hospital, and that in Suwon it was just a guy friend of yours, okay? The hospital is fine, we can explain that's because you're a trainee, but the arcade is a bit harder." Bang Chan explained, offering me a hand as I stood up, and as we got to the door, I looked around for Yongbok.

He was already locked in his office.

I slipped my shoes on, and we went down the elevator.
Bang Chan pulled my hood over my head, passing me a mask.
He did the same, and as we got to the bottom floor I understood why.
People were everywhere.

He held me close, pulling me through the crowd until we eventually broke off into the carpark, getting into a vehicle with very dark tint, and driving off towards the company.

I was still reeling from everything, as Bang Chan glanced over at me.

"Are you okay?"

I huffed. "Why do you keep asking me that? Of course I am."

I knew my voice was wavering as I bit the inside of my lip, stopping tears from falling.

Of course I wasn't. People knew who I was in the worst way possible.

"Look, I know, but this is stressful for anyone. So I just wanted to make sure. You've heard about Ara, yeah?" He said slowly, as I just nodded.

"Rumours were developed about her and Han. She said she was fine, but everyone could tell she wasn't. She was attacked left and right, people assaulted her in public, and then a month later, she.." Chan choked up, sniffling as he looked back at the road.

I held his shoulder gently. "I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere. I know you probably don't believe me, but I've faced death that many times now, I'm not going to let it get the better of me."

He just nodded, pulling into a parking bay at the company, as he finally stopped to look at me.
"I know, I know, but I'm still worried, okay? Don't ever for a second think about throwing your life away, Y/N."

Then he got out the car, coming around to open my door for me.
He pulled an arm around me again, helping me inside the company.

Sooner or later, we were outside the boss' office again, Felix coming down the hallway.
He kept a distance from me.

"Sorry, just in case." He smiled glumly, as Bang Chan went inside, and a few moments later, opened the door for us.

The company head just looked at the both of us, sighing.

"Alright, tell me the whole story so I know what to tell the public. There's quite a lot of proof around you two, and I really don't want it affecting either of your careers, okay?"