Chapter 19-- Zoe vs. The Apartment

ANNABETH WAS EXHAUSTED. They had brought Zoe home a few days ago and Annabeth could not get enough of her. She was always looking at her, holding her, never ever wanting to let go.

"Hey sweetie, I have to go to work. Are you okay here alone?" Percy asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. I called Piper to come over later." She replied.

"I called Leo. Looks like you'll have a full house. I'll be back around 2:00. Love you." He kissed her and bent down to kiss his daughter on the top of her head.

"Bye, Perce." She smiled and he headed out of the room. She heard the door shut a moment later.

After a few minutes, Zoe started to wake up. She cooed and fussed a little, but Annabeth didn't mind. She picked up the eight pound cutie and held her close. Within a small period of time, she started to fall asleep again.

Around lunchtime, the intercom buzzed and Piper whispered, "Hey is my favorite niece asleep?"

Annabeth responded, "Yeah, come on up." She let her in and brought Piper into the living room where Leo had temporarily set up Zoe's crib. There were many discussions about what kind of tricking out was acceptable and what was not. Little do the parents know that Leo had installed something (without their permission, I might add), but we'll get to that later.

"Oh my gods... Look at her. She has Percy's hair. Definitely. Just look at that little poof." Piper laughed.

"Yeah.. She's an angel. She almost never cries, but when she does, it's so easy to get her to stop." Annabeth replied. "Want to hold her?"

"I thought that you weren't supposed to wake a sleeping baby. I think that's a bad idea." Piper commented.

"Nonsense. Just for a minute." She slid her hands underneath the tiny pink human and lifted her up. Not even a moment later, she started to howl.

"Shhh honey shhhh I'm sorry! Go back to sleep now, I'm so sorry." Karma, my old friend. We meet again.

"Here let me see." Piper took the screaming infant from her friend and started to charmspeak her. "Hi Zoe.. It is time for you to sleep now. Close your eyes and go to sleep."

It worked for a few seconds but then they saw that she just stopped crying to spit up. Then she started crying again. Not amusing.

About an hour later, a key turned in the lock and Leo opened the door.

"How did you get a key?" Annabeth asked. "We never gave you one."

"Oh I made it. I was just testing it out." He explained.

"Well.. Okay." Annabeth turned back to her screaming daughter.

"What's up with the biscuit?" He asked.

"Annabeth woke her up and now she won't stop crying." Piper said.

"Well why'd you do that?! Have you tried feeding her? Burping her? Diaper changing?" Leo gave suggestions.

"Yes all of it. How do you know about that?" Annabeth replied.

"You asked me to be her godfather. I should probably know some of this if you trust me to babysit her or something." He said.

"Someone please take her, I have to pee." Annabeth handed her child off to Piper. By now, It was 1:55, and Percy was supposed to be home soon. Also by this point, they had gotten a few complaints from their neighbors about the screaming. She left, did her business, and came back to a still excruciatingly loud room.

Percy entered the apartment just then and almost walked back out. You would have thought he had never seen a screaming baby before. Oh wait. He hadn't. Annabeth had dealt with her younger stepbrothers before. Not when they were infants, but when they were young and throwing temper tantrums about not getting what they wanted.

Annabeth pulled Percy aside. "We should have waited."

"I concur." He nodded

"I don't even have my doctorate yet, Perce! My doctorate!"

"I know, but neither do I. We're just a bunch of unedjamacated freaks." He grinned, trying to loosen her up.

"You know what I mean. Maybe when Zoe's older we can go back to school. Or take night classes. Community colleges are pretty cheap, right?"

"Yeah, I think so."

Then they stopped. They could hear each other. They could hear something. Or rather, the absence of something. They turned around.

Leo was holding Zoe. He had tamed the beast.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

GUYS

BOO

I JUST FINISHED IT

OH MY GODS

MY FEELS I JUST CANT

I WONT SPOIL IT IF YOU HAVENT READ IT YET BUT OKAY I WILL

SPOOOOIILLEERR ALEERRTT:

Should I incorporate the fact that Leo went after Calypso before this story or should I have him go during this one?

ALSO THE PLOT OF THIS CHAPTER I KINDA STOLE IT FROM FRIENDS OKAY THAT IS ALL GOODBYE

LOVE ALWAYS
Carmen xoxo <3