Chapter 20-- One

PERCY WAS ECSTATIC. Today was their first anniversary. One exact year since he said 'I do' to his amazing wife. He couldn't believe it. It was almost like he was getting married all over again.

Then he remembered the cake. The tradition about the top part of the cake. They had left it wrapped up in the back of Sally and Paul's freezer for the last year. He hoped they didn't eat it. He really hoped they didn't eat it. He loved that cake. The top four moments in his life were his first kiss with Annabeth, seeing his daughter for the first time, getting married to Annabeth, and eating that sweet sweet cake.

Percy then went into the kitchen where Annabeth was waiting with a fresh cup of coffee for him.

"Good morning honey." She smiled and held out the cup.

"Hey gorgeous. What do you and Little Miss have planned for today?" He took a sip of the coffee and looked around for the baby. "Is she still asleep?"

"Amazing right?" She laughed. Zoe had been up at 5 AM every morning on the dot. "We're probably going to the university. I'm gonna see if I can sign up for night classes or something."

"That's excellent! I gotta run but I'll definitely see you later. Lunch?" He asked.

"Panera, noon. Love you!" She confirmed, rushing him out the door.

"Happy amniferzaree!" He shouted, mouth full of bagel.

"Happy anniversary to you too, Seaweed Brain." She called back, rolling her eyes and laughing.

When he got to the aquarium where he worked, Percy started by gathering up the rest of the employees.

"Okay friends, today we have four schools coming for field trips. It's gonna be busy. I posted a list of who's assigned to who. Any questions?"  He said, all business-y-like.

"Yeah, which schools?" Someone from the crowd asked.

"Yancy, Crewneck- I mean Crewwood- Forrest Hills, and Rollins." Percy read off of the list. He learned to not cringe when he heard Yancy.
"Okay people lets get to work!"

By lunchtime, two schools had come and gone and Percy was ready to see his wife again. He left and went to Panera. He walked in and saw his girls. "Hey!"

"Hey Wise Girl." He sat down after ordering something. "Hey Zo-Zo." The baby giggled and he ruffled her poof of hair.

"How was your day?" Annabeth asked, taking a bite of her salad.

"Pretty good. The kids behaved fairly well and I think I'm up for a promotion. What about you?"

"Well Zoe decided to sleep in until eight. It was awesome. I got some work done and I applied for some night classes at the community college down the street."

"Yay! When do you start?"

"Next Wednesday. And I got a few books from the used store."

"Annie, I'm so proud of you." He gazed at her with the same look he had at the moment they said their vows.

"I'm proud of us." She reached for his hand, letting the 'Annie' thing go.

They ate the rest of their lunch and went back to work and doing errands. When Percy came home that night, Annabeth had a grim look on her face.

"What's wrong?" He dropped his bag on the table.

"I hate to tell you this, Perce." Annabeth started.

"What happened?" His eyebrows scrunched together.

"I went to your mom and Paul's house today, to pick up the cake for after dinner."

"And?" He asked, preparing for the worst. Had a monster come? Were his parents okay?

"They ate the cake Percy." She hugged him. "They ate the cake."

He almost broke down. He loved that cake. Not more than his mom of course, because if his first thought had been true, he wouldn't know what to do. But that cake, man. That cake was like his family.

Annabeth held him tightly. "I'm so sorry." She knew about their relationship. She also loved that cake, so it was a shot through the heart for her too.

That night, they bonded over one lost cake, one perfect child, and one amazing year of marriage.

____________________________
GUYS HEY ITS CARMEN AND OH MY GOSH I HAVE A FUN IDEA FOR WHILE YOU WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. WHO WANTS TO ENTER A CONTEST?? I FEEL LIKE THIS STORY'S COVER IS A LITTLE BORING. WHOEVER CAN ENTER. THE RULES ARE:

YOU HAVE TO CREATE AND DM THE COVER TO ME BY 30 AUGUST AND GIVE ME AN IDEA FOR THE STORY, DOESNT MATTER HOW SMALL. IT CAN EVEN BE A CHILD NAME BECAUSE SOON THE JACKSONS WILL BE GETTING BI-ZAY AGAIN😏.

(PS, I'm ending the story at chapter 50 probably, just 30 chapters left)

READY SET GOOOOOOOOOOOOO

-Carmen xoxo <3