Chapter 17-- 10 Hours

ANNABETH WAS THINKING OF HER HAPPY PLACE. She was panting and crying and just downright mad. 

"Hey, Annabeth, you're going to be okay. It'll all be over soon." Percy comforted her.
"Honey, I love you, but I am really starting to hate you right now." She shut her eyes. 

To understand this part of the story, we must go back ten hours.

                                                        --10 HOURS EARLIER--

Thalia and Piper were over at her house playing board games and having fun. 

"Guys, she was supposed to come out two days ago. It's September 7th!" Annabeth groaned.
"Annabeth, just ride it out. Have you tried inducing labor? I saw an article last week on a few different things." Piper said.
"I go for walks every morning and evening, We've eaten spicy food every night this week. This should be helping!" She answered.
"Have you tried... You know?" Piper nudged her. 
"What?" Annabeth may have been the daughter of wisdom, but in this area, she was clueless.
After two more hints, Thalia blurted out, "Sex! Have you tried sex?"
The other girls stared at her. "Someone had to be brave enough to say it." 

Just then, the door opened and Percy came into the apartment with bags full of groceries. 
"Hey! How're my favorite girls?" 

Piper twirled her hair around her finger, "Gods, Percy stop flirting with me."
"I wouldn't dare." He set the bags on the counter and walked over to where they were sitting.
"Hey Perce did you get grapes?" Annabeth stood up and walked over. She plucked a grape from the vine. 
"Yep!"

Just then, Annabeth felt a sharp pain in her stomach and gasped. She heard a pop and saw a small spill on the floor beneath her. 

"Percy go start the car. Now." Her eyes widened.
He was oblivious for a moment. "What? Why?"
Piper noticed and immediately stole the keys from Percy and ran down to start the car. "Oh my gods, I got it!" 
"Oh my gods, what?" He noticed. "OH MY GODS!!" 
Annabeth was contorting her face in pain. "It's really not that bad. Take your time." She lied through her teeth.
"Sit down! I'm calling our parents!" Percy ordered. He pulled out his phone and called Sally. 

"Mom! Annabeth's having the baby! Meet us at the hospital!"
Then he called Annabeth's dad in San Fran. "Hey! It's Percy and I'm calling to let you kow that Annabeth is having the baby call us back when you get this bye!" 

Piper buzzed the intercom downstairs and said "Guys I'm by the entrance, let's go!" 

Percy and Thalia helped Annabeth down the stairs (the stupid elevator was broken) and into the car. 
"Drive!" Annabeth screamed. 
"Ten minutes, Annabeth, ten minutes!" Percy calmed her.
"FUUUUUHHHHHH" She screamed as the contractions got closer together. 

They entered the hospital frantically. 

"My wife's giving birth!" Percy yelled as he approached the front desk. 

"Percy!" Annabeth tried to stand on her own but ended up not being able to. She collapsed against the wall. 

One nurse paged the doctor and she came running round the corner. 

"Get me a bed and a room now." She yelled at the nurses. 

Annabeth sat in a wheelchair, moaning.
"It's okay, grab my hand." Percy offered it to her.
"We're never having sex again!" She yelled at him.
"Perfectly understandable." 

---7 hours later---

"Annabeth, it's time to push." The doctor said. 

She thought of her happy place. She was panting and crying and just downright mad. 

"Hey, Annabeth, you're going to be okay. It'll all be over soon." Percy comforted her. 
"Honey, I love you, but I am really starting to hate you right now." She shut her eyes.

She gasped and took another deep breath. After about twenty more minutes, Annabeth and Percy were parents. 

Annabeth quickly fell asleep. The baby was peacefully resting in her arms. They looked so perfect. Percy pulled up a chair and held her hand in his. He looked at his daughter. She was so small.  

"Hi." he whispered, "I'm your daddy." 

---1 hour later---

Annabeth woke up in a haze.
Percy was holding their daughter. She smiled, "Hey baby."
He laughed. "Which one?"
"Both of you." she laughed.
"Look at her." Annabeth sighed.
"She has your eyes." Percy noted.
"She has your hair." Annabeth said.
"Do you want to hold her?" 

The baby cooed quietly. 

"Yes." She smiled so brightly, "She better be worth the hours of pain she put me through."
"Oh she will be." Sally entered the room.
"Mom!" Percy exclaimed.
"I come bearing gifts." She held up a teddy bear. "Get it? Bearing gifts? Teddy bear?"
"I get it," she smiled, "would you like to hold her?"
"Sure." She replied. 

Annabeth handed her over to Sally. 

"She looks like the perfect mix of you" Sally laughed.
"She hasn't cried yet." Annabeth noted.
"Not true. She fussed a little while you were sleeping." Percy corrected her.
"I didn't just bring a gift for the baby, I brought one for you both." Sally said. She reached into her bag and pulled out two things. One, a bottle of champagne.
"Drink. You haven't had alcohol in nine months." He smiled.
"You didn't have to do this!" She smiled and then accepted a glass. "Bless you."
"What's her name?" Sally gestured to the baby. 

"Her name is..."

___________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS! I'M SORRY ABOUT THE CLIFFHANGER... I'M JUST DOING IT TO MESS WITH YOU. NEXT WEEK YOU WILL KNOW THE NAME OF LITTLE BABY JACKSON :3 

I'LL GIVE YOU A HINT... 

"I CAN SEE THE STARS" 

AND 

THE GRACE FAMILY (THALIA, PIPER, + JASON)

COMMENT IDEAS FOR THE STORY PLEASE!

I WILL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK. 

-Carmen <3 xoxo