Chapter 6-- Alex's Surprise

ANNABETH THOUGHT THIS WAS ALL BEAUTIFUL BUT SHE HAD ANOTHER IDEA.  She pulled Percy to the side and said, "Didn't you hear Alex say she needed to go to Camp?"

Percy replied with, "Yeah. Leo can take her, right?"

"Well I still need to get the rest of my stuff so I can take her," she started, "And I need to tell Chiron and-" 

Percy cut her off, "They all know. Our parents knew at least two weeks ahead. The only people who didn't know were the Aphrodite Cabin. If they knew, it wouldn't have been a surprise."

"I love you Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth kissed him on the cheek. 

"Alex! Ready to meet the rest of your family at Camp?" Percy called

"Umm... Camp is Camp Half Blood, right?" Alex bit her lip. Annabeth could tell because it was the same face Annabeth made when she was nervous or thinking hard about something. She hoped it was the first one.

Annabeth replied with a smile, "Yeah. And there's no reason to be nervous or anything, Mostly everyone's nice" she thought back to Clarisse and Drew. 

"OK I think I'm ready." Alex said, her face changed into an excited grin.

"Leo, see ya later." Annabeth called.

"Bye Annabeth." Leo replied.

They walked out the door and Annabeth saw this as her chance, "Alex what were you thinking about back there?" 

Alex hesitated. "Um nothing."

"I know that face. It's the, 'They'll think I'm crazy if I tell them.' face. I've seen some pretty darn crazy things. Try me." 

"I don't know who I am. I mean, I know my name but I don't know about me." She replied, an unsure tone in her voice.

"I've seen that before. Percy had it, Jason had it..."  She had an idea and she picked up her phone and called Jason.

"Annabeth?" he answered groggily

"Oh sorry Jason. its 6:23. I need you. It's a memory problem."

"No it's fine wait. Memory? Did you forget when you and Piper were going shopping?"

"No it's not me."

"Oh gods did Percy get amnesia?"

"No just let me talk. I have a.. um... friend... who is experiencing similar problems as you and Percy did during the prophecy of seven."

"Oh. wow that's... wait. If there's one there, maybe we'll have one here. Hera..."

"Gods Jason, you may be right. Anyway how did you or Percy get rid of your amnesia?"

"I know that Percy drank gorgons' blood."

"That little.. I'm going to kill him for that. Thanks Jason. Call me if anyone comes. Oh and by the way, when is Piper coming back up?"

"Okay. Uh one sec. PIPES WHEN ARE YOU GOING BACK TO SEE ANNABETH AGAIN? OKAY! GODS CALM DOWN. SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT! DON'T KILL ME! She's coming back in about a week."

"Thanks Jason. You might want to go run after Piper now."

"Good idea. Okay bye."

"Bye!"

Annabeth took Alex down the stairs to Percy's car. Her's was still at camp. They drove in silence until they arrived. 

"Here we are!" Annabeth said, slamming the car door.

She ran through the barrier and smiled. The smell of pine was enough for memories to come flooding back. And she loved it. 

"Alex, this is Camp Half Blood."  she smiled. 

"Annabeth? I know this is your home and you're probably really excited about showing me, but I really need my memories." Alex gave a nervous smile.

"Of course! I'll take you to see Will while I go pack up the rest of my things. Sound good?" 

"Um yeah! Sure." She agreed. 

They walked up to the Apollo cabin and found them readying for inspection, "Annabeth! New camper? I'm Will." he smiled. 

"Will, this is Alex and I need some gorgons blood."

This got the cabin silent. 

"What did Percy do this time?" one of the campers piped up.

They started laughing.

"No I think she means the healing kind. The one that can cure anything?" Alex said matter-of-factly.

"Yes I do but I have other things to do so if you'll excuse me..." Annabeth walked away back to Athena cabin. 

"Hey guys" She walked in and grabbed her backpack from under her dresser and started packing. 

"So Anna, moving in with Percy?" one boy said.

"Yep!" She confirmed, "And I hope you'll all be good." she said that a little louder and with a bit of a mothering tone.

Mass amounts of groans were heard.

"Fine!!!" they said finally after a period of time. 

Annabeth gathered her things and put it in the bag she hid under her dresser. She gave everyone a hug and left to get Alex. 

She walked back to where she left Alex and saw her slouched down, crying. 

"I...my boyfriend and my mom and sister, my entire family...they're gone, they're all gone! I have no one!" she sobbed. Annabeth embraced her in a hug and tried soothing her.

"You have us. It's okay, it's okay. I know, Just cry it all out." she coaxed. By the time Alex was done crying, it was sunset. She had 13 missed calls from Percy, and 2 voicemails. one from Piper, and one from a very worried Sally. 

"Hey Annabeth, we're going shopping soon! don't forget! Love ya!" from Piper.

"Annabeth honey are you all right? Percy's  called me six times asking if you came here. Please be okay. Call us both back as soon as possible."  

Annabeth took the advice and called Percy first. He answered on the second ring. "Oh my gods Annabeth are you okay? whats wrong? where are you? I was so worried and-"

Annabeth cut him off, "I'm fine. Nothing's wrong. We're still at Camp. Alex just sort of... well, I'll tell you later. Alex is not staying here tonight."

*************************************************************************************************

HEY! SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WHILE, WRITER'S BLOCK. :/ ANYWAYS, THANK YOU ALL FOR OVER 300 READS!!!! AND I HOPE YOU ALL HAD GREAT HOLIDAYS. FEEDBACK APPRECIATED VERY MUCH. 

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR ALEX. EVERYTHING ELSE BELONG TO UNCLE RICK. :D 

-Carmen xoxo <3