Chapter 4-- "Hold on. This is gonna hurt like Tartarus."

"HOLD ON. THIS IS GONNA HURT LIKE TARTARUS." Were the only words Annabeth listened to. It was her first morning in the infirmary and today she was fully aware of her surroundings. She felt pain in her abdomen. She looked down. They still hadn't removed the arrow.

"Are you fricking kidding me, Will?" she asked through clenched teeth. 

"We're about to take it out Annabeth." he assured her, "Would you like to be medicated?" 

"Hades yes. Give me everything." 

With that, she felt bubbly and numb and drowsy but really really laughy. She wanted Percy. She heard a voice say, "Gods Annabeth, I know you're numb but for your own sake, SIT STILL" So Annabeth finally agreed to stay in one position. After a little pinch, Will was stitching up the wound. Annabeth heard yelling from outside. 

"BUT SHE'S BEEN IN THERE SINCE YESTERDAY AFTERNOON AT LEAST TELL ME HOW SHE IS! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF SHE'S ALIVE SO PLEASE PLEASE-" Then the screaming turned to sobbing. She then heard someone yell, "I NEED PEST CONTROL!" And it wasn't Percy.

"Percy...?" Annabeth wondered aloud.

She realized that he wanted to see her and she wanted to see him too. 

"PERCY!" She yelled, "Will, please let him in." She put on her best puppy dog face and he lightened up a bit. 

"Weeellll.... I guess we could. He's been waiting out there since you were brought here. OK ARES CABIN RELEASE JACKSON!" 

Percy sprinted in and saw Annabeth in the bed. He came over and gripped her hand. 

"Are you okay?! They haven't told me anything. Do you need anything? I can go and-" 

Annabeth silenced him with a kiss. "I don't need anything Seaweed Brain." and she giggled. 

Percy's eyebrows scrunched together. "Will exactly what did you put her on?" 

Annabeth laughed. "I love you Puurrceee" 

"Oh Gods. Annabeth I love you too but maybe you should rest." 

"Yes Percy I agree. Annabeth just had the arrow pulled." Will added

"But WIiilllll pleeeeaase?"  Annabeth started to feel drowsy.

"I gotta go anyway sweetie. I have to let everyone know you're okay." Percy kissed her on the forehead. 

Annabeth fell into a dreamless sleep almost immediately. 

.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-...-.-.-.--.-.-.-.-.-.--.--.-.-.-.--..--..-.-.-.-.-.---.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

TWO DAYS LATER

"BOO!" Annabeth yelled from behind Percy.

"YEESH! Annabeth!" He was scared and then he was happy. He picked her up and spun her around. "Gah!" Her side burned with pain, they let her go but she wasn't fully healed yet. 

"ARE YOU OKAY?!" He asked, worried was written all over Percy's face and voice.

"Yeah. I'm fine, Percy, just a little sore." he didn't seem to buy it. Percy could always tell when she was lying. 

"Why don't we go to the beach for awhile?" he asked.

"I'd like that." Annabeth admitted. 

The couple walked, hand in hand, down to the beach where Percy had proposed just a few days earlier. They plopped down in the sand and Percy was the first to speak.

"How are you really feeling? Don't lie to me." 

"Tired, crappy, and I just want to spend the rest of today with you." 

He swooped her up, bridal style and carried her to his car where Percy made her close her eyes and no peeks until they stopped outside an apartment building. 

"Perce... What is this?"

"Our house." he said with a smile.

She squealed and opened the car door. Percy met her at the door of the building. They went up the elevator to the fourth floor and sixth door in the hallway. Percy opened the door and the lights came on. "SURPRISE!!!!!! WELCOME HOME ANNABETH!!" a crowd shouted. Surprisingly, Athena was there. Poseidon too! All of their friends and Annabeth's dad, step-mom, and brothers were there with Sally and Paul. There was a banner that hung from the kitchen doorway saying 'WE MISSED YOU :)' 

"Awww guys thank you so much!" She shouted. 

As the party went on, Annabeth recounted the story of Percy's engagement numerous times and Percy told the story of Annabeth's mishap about a billion times. People began filing out around midnight and in the morning, Percy and Annabeth awoke to a girl with messy black hair laying asleep on the couch. 

***************************************************************************************************************

HEY EVERYONE! SORRY I DIDN'T UPDATE WHEN PLANNED. PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!! AND NOW FOR THE DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES.  THE GIRL ON THE COUCH DOES HAVE A NAME AND SHE IS MY OWN CHARACTER. I WILL REVEAL HER NAME NEXT CHAPTER.

-Carmen xoxo <3