Chapter 10- Telling Percy

TWO WEEKS LATER

ANNABETH WAS NOT HAVING THE BEST MORNING. She woke up and immediately ran to the bathroom to puke up whatever food she had in her stomach. She knew it was probably the morning sickness from the baby, but Percy didn't know that. 

"ANNABETH! Ohmygods are you okay?!" He asked.

"DO I LOOK OKAY?" She sputtered out. 

"Touché." Percy quickly ran to her and held her hair back. 

When the baby decided that Annabeth had thrown up enough, Annabeth picked up a towel from the floor and cleaned her face. She stood up and said "I think I'm staying home today." Percy nodded. She had to tell him now. Like today now or he'll flip. 

But what if he leaves me? What will he say? I don't know. I have to talk to Sally.  Annabeth's thoughts overpowered her brain for the rest of that hour while she spent it convincing Percy to go to work, he didn't want to leave his sick wife alone in the house.They finally compromised by Percy going to work but Sally coming over. Percy then left. Annabeth's spirits lifted until she walked into the kitchen and the egg smell made a wave of nausea strike again. She ran back to the bathroom just in time. She wasn't too thrilled to be a mother-to-be. 

When Sally arrived, she found Annabeth in the bathroom for the third time today. 

"Sally?" Annabeth croaked

"Annabeth do you need anything? Ginger ale, some toast, anything?" Sally asked, concern dripping from her voice.

"A ginger ale would be spectacular actually." Annabeth confirmed.

Sally went to get one and Annabeth worked out how to phrase it to her. She'd start out saying something like, 'Sally, Percy and I have been in love since the moment he was conscious at Camp and we're in a good place right now, my architecture firm just gave me a raise, and Percy's great with the kids on the aquarium tours and I'm pregnant but I haven't told Percy.' And then work it from there but when Sally came back, all that came out were hysteric fits of tears.

"Sally! I'm pregnant and Percy doesn't know!" Annabeth fit in between sobs. 

Sally held her tight and coaxed her into calming down. Percy would soon be home and Annabeth had to work out how to tell him.  Sally told her to try coming straight out with it, that "you never know, Percy can surprise you." Sally also put all Annabeth's thoughts about Percy leaving her aside. She said that "Percy loves you more than life itself." and not to worry. 

When Percy came home later that day he gave the girls hugs and Sally left. This was the opportune moment. 

"Percy, how was work?" Damn it! She chickened out. She'll get it.

"It was good, I got to feed the hammerheads today." He says smiling. 

"That's great! I hope you'll think my news is good too."

"What news?" He asks curiously

"PercyI'mpregnant!" She speeds through.

"Slower please?" He laughs

"Percy, I'm pregnant." Annabeth slows down to a relatively normal speech level

"Wait what?" Percy's smile grows from ear to ear

"We're gonna be parents!" Annabeth gets excited

They jump around and kiss. Annabeth gets a whiff of fish from Percy's uniform and it sends her running.

What a day.

_______________________________________________________________________________

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE I EDITED IT, IT NOW SAYS TWO WEEKS LATER. ANNABETH WOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT 2 MONTHS TO KNOW

Me: Disclaimer time! 
Annabeth: Too busy throwing up!!! *Glares at Percy*
Percy: Sorry Annabeth! Sorry Carmen, I can't I'm too psyched about the baby. *Smirk*
Alex: BABY WHAT OMG I WHAT I CAN'T
Me: Fine.. WHY'D YOU HAVE TO TELL ALEX?! Alex pay no attention please and do the disclaimer.
Alex: BUT BUT BABY. Ugh fine. Carmen only owns me and Percabeth's baby. Not Percy or Annabeth or Uncle Rick's characters. 
Annabeth: DON'T TELL ANYBODY AT ALL OR i SWEAR ON OLYMPUS I WILL BUST YOU SO HARD-
Me: WHOA 

-Carmen xoxo <3