𝐬𝐢𝐱

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
06. I Wanna Stay
SEASON 01 EPISODE 06
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Once the door was closed, they stay closed, it was what the scientist had said to us when a few words had traveled between him and Rick. It repeated itself multiple times in my head, trying to find something wrong with the sentence because nothing about this place had screamed trustworthy.

It lingered— even when he lead us through the building, bringing us underground and into a room filled with computers. I watched the doctor closely, following every movement, trying to find anything about him that seemed off. I let it echo and soon it took over my entire mind, something about this whole thing seemed strange and it made me want to run right back outside and that my chances with the walkers.

The doctor told us that he'd have to draw blood from us, just to make sure that we weren't infected or sick in anyway. Most of us believed him— excluding me— and we let the man stick needles into our arms.

I was hesitant knowing my history with needles, they weren't something I had grown accustomed to or had even liked. I hated needles with everything in my heart, even if the pain was just a few short seconds. I made Glenn hold my hand— just like my mother used to do— all the way through, even when it was finished I didn't let go.

"Kendall." Glenn voiced, trying to take his hand from mine. "I need you to let go now and open your eyes."

"Sorry." I say sheepishly, feeling my cheeks burn of embarrassment. I released the right grip I had on his hand, standing from the seat and standing beside Carl.

"What's the point?" Andrea asks, the needle pulling blood from her veins. "If we were infected, we'd all be running a fever."

"I've already broken every rule in the book letting you in here." The doctor says. "Let me just at least be thorough. All done." He says, taking the needle out of her skin and pulling a small container of her blood along with it. The blonde woman stands, standing frozen for a moment after swaying. "Are you okay?" Jenner questions with concern.

"She hasn't eaten in days." Jacqui answered for her. "None of us have."

The statement itself seemed to pique his interest. The doctor basically rushed through the others, a hard and saddened look on his face. I furrowed my brows at the man; not one word slipping pass his lips in the next six to nine minutes of needles poking into the groups skin. I watched him carefully, a thoughtful expression stuck on his face— even when he had finished.

The doctor told us to grab our things and when we did, he was the quickest one out of the door. It was silent as we followed him but soon it turned into laughs and chatter— soon we all sat around a large table with food and drinks sitting in front of us.