𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
50. Home Again
SEASON 07 EPISODE 04
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Alexandria.

I stand in an uncomfortable position, staring up at the gates with my bandaged wrists resting on top of each other— crossed. I glance at her and sigh before turning back around to watch while Negan approaches the gates, whistling brightly and spinning his infamous bat round and round before stopping in front of it.

"Dun-dun-dun-duuun." He sings before lifting his bat and thumping it, sinisterly, on the metal beams three times. "Little pig, little pig, let me in!" I blink in remembrance, the words used to taunt them reminding me of the father he once was.

Piece of shit.

"Well?" Negan asks, trailing off after the fence is pulled open, waiting for the gates in front of him to do the same.

Spencer looks around before locking eyes with Negan. "Uh.. who are you?"

"Oh, you better be jokin'." He says with a grin. "Negan.. Lucille... I know I had to make pretty strong first impression." Negan's eyes drift off to the left; zoning in on Rick, who approaches the gate with a mean glare. "Well, hello, there."
Rick looks at me and glares at bandages folded around my wrists; he opens his mouth to speak but before he can, I shake my head with a tight grin; it was letting him know that everything is okay. He knew.

"Do not make me have to ask." The wide smile on Negan's lips fall, glaring at Rick.

"You said a week." Rick responds, approaching and pulling open the gate for us. "You're early."

"Kendall," He shouts my name, pointing at me with his bat. "my longlost daughter begged me to bring her back here. And, I missed you." He laughs at the look on Rick's face, looking over at the walker approaching us. "Oh, Rick, come on out here. Watch this. Calling it!" He shouts.

I look at her again, quirking my eyebrows and sighing as we watch him shows off. He swings his bat right into the walkers skull, laughing as if he had achieved something new. "Ha ha ha! Easy peasy lemon squeezy! Alright everybody. Let's get started. Big day." Rick turns his head, looking at the Saviors huddled beside the wall and finding a roughed up Daryl amongst them.

An immense amount of guilt and regret makes something as simple as breathing complicated once his eyes caught mine; he looks so fragile, as if touching him would make him crack into tiny pieces. His figure begins to tremble when his eyes shift from mine and latch onto Rick's, believing his brother would blame him for the death of their friend, just as I did. But the look in Rick's eyes says the complete opposite.