𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
09. Don't Leave Me
SEASON 02 EPISODE 03
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Journal; is there a way to describe the emotions that wedged into my brain? Is there a way to figure out how I feel without crying because... so far, there isn't. I have never felt so left out, so angry. I was always an apathetic child, one that didn't give too much thought to my emotions nor cared too much about it. I wrote, rocking back and forth on the chair, on the porch. I told myself it was time to be strong, brave and a bit more mature. There wasn't a time when I haven't been mature... more than other children my age but I wanted to be of use.

A car stopped in front of the house, two figures coming out of it and approaching the Greene house slowly and cautiously. I shut my journal and crossed my legs, narrowing my eyes in the dark distance with a deep frown on my lips. It was when they got closer that I recognized him— no I didn't move from my spot and I wasn't going to.

"So do we... ring the bell?" Glenn asks, looking to the obviously sickly man beside him. "I mean it looks like people live here."

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we?" T-Dog responded, taking steps up the porch stairs with Glenn following behind him. "Having to be considerate."

"Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" Maggie's voice questions, and it made me shrink in my spot even more.

"Uh, hi." Glenn says. "Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything. Hello. Nice to see you again. We, uh, met before briefly."

"Look, we came to help." T-Dog interrupted the tension Glenn was causing. "Is there anything we can do?" He asks with a grunt following. "It's not a bite. I cut myself pretty bad though."

"We'll have it looked at." Maggie tells him, her figure coming into my view which made me fall back into the wall even more. "I'll tell them you're here."

"We have, uh, some painkillers and antibiotics. I already have him so if Carl needs any."

"Come on inside. I'll make you something to eat." Maggie opened the front door, letting the injured man inside but stopping Glenn from walking any further. "There's someone waiting for you on the other side of the porch."

I frowned at her, crossing my arms as I huffed. It was going to ruin the rest of my night if I saw his face and when the sound of his shoes planting against the wood in front of me, an irritated expression popped on my face.

"Kendall." He kneeled before wrapping his arms around me; an embrace that I didn't return. "I thought you were.. you're okay!"

"I don't understand why you care... it's not like you guys were looking for me." I stood from the chair, ultimately shaking from his grip. "I obviously wasn't a priority."