𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
41. Conquered
SEASON 05 EPISODE 16
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The cold, dead touch of his hands slipping down my skin causes me to shiver briskly, it causes goosebumps to arise amongst my skin. His ghostly touch makes me itch and burn, pushing me to knead and scratch the parts of me he touched. He returned, from the deepest parts of my mind he recovers, to haunt me. Even dead, he was alive. The Governor wins.

Thinking of all the endless possibilities of what could happen to us out there, if Rick is exiled, brought this along. Dealing with the dead is less scary than other people, at least we'd know the walkers intention. My mind couldn't help but to scramble to that conclusion first.

Deep breaths of air pushed its way in and out of my mouth as my nails drag against my skin with the goal of getting rid of his disgusting touch, but it stays. The feeling clouded my mind and charred my skin; it brings tears to my eyes by crawling down my throat, making me choke on a sob.

As soon as a single tear dared to slip from my eye, my bedroom door slams open. To hide evidence of stress, and apprehension, and sadness, and my tears, I wipe the tear away while hastily blinking until my eyes were all dried up.

"He's still knocked out." Carl barges into my room, flopping down on the bed right beside me. "Michonne sent me away, she told me to come back later."

His touch is gone.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask while he wraps his arms around me. "I know you don't wanna hear this.." He pulls me close as I trail off, laying his head across my chest. "he didn't mean to shove you. He just.. wasn't aware of his surroundings. I think he reached his breaking point."

"Kendall.." He says my name warningly.

"Carl, just—"

"Kendall, I don't wanna talk about it." He tells me, muttering quietly while nuzzling closer. "Can we not talk about it, please?"

"Got it." I kiss my teeth, moving on to the next subject. "I thought about back then... back at the prison when Merle kidnapped me, and Maggie, and Glenn; when he just gave us to The Governor, when he helped him do what he did, what he did to Glenn, and Maggie, and me. I haven't really gave it much thought until now, but, I won't go through that again. And if they exile your dad—"

"They won't." Carl speaks with quickness, grabbing my hips and pulling me down til my nose grazes his. "They won't exile my dad, they can't, they need us."