𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
33. What About Bob?
SEASON 05 EPISODE 03
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

'Journal; i remembered i had a mom the other night.. staying alive and surviving has been my only priority or concern, it reined over everything; ridding away my traumas, repressing memories. i didn't mean to forget her so easily but it wasn't something that could be avoided. i hope writing about her will keep her memory alive.'

Kip whines, nudging his head against my thigh; when I look at him, he spins before sitting, wagging his tail.

"You wanna go outside, don't you?" I ask him and he responds with a soft growl. A sigh leaves my lips as I close my journal, sliding it under my bag after. "Leash and harness first." I say pointing down at him, standing. I reach into the bag from earlier and pull out the dog supplies. "Okay, sit."

Kip sits, weakly, panting.

I kneel while strapping him up, wrapping the harness around his torso, hooking the leash on last. I watch him as he begins to walk toward the doors; worry pulls at my heartstrings— he was so weak.

He sped away as soon as I pulled open the doors, flinging down from the porch stairs and shoving his nose to the ground, trying to find the best place to pee and poo. I rub my arms, trying to keep warm while bitter wind blasts my way; I was sure to be very careful of my surroundings, reminded that we were being watched and followed by someone.

"Yo, wanna hurry up?" I scoff, my voice trembling from the cold. "I'm freezing my ass off out here, Kip."

"What are you doing outside?" I gasped at the sudden voice, exhaling and patting my hand against my chest when realizing who it was. "Get back in." Rick says, gesturing to the door.

"I.. I can't." I tell him, shaking my head. "I have to wait til Kip uses the bathroom."

"Inside." His voice is more commanding and scary than the last time.

I comply even though I had a voice in my head telling me not to do so. "Fine." I tug against Kip's leash, pulling him back into the building. "In an hour, I'll take you out so you can finish."

Inside, Sasha was confronting Gabriel. In anger— understandable, misplaced anger— she questions him lowly. "What're you doing?" He was confused; blinking as she accuses him. "It's all connected. You show up, we're being watched, and now three of us are gone."

"I.." Gabriel glances around, looking like a deer in headlights. "I don't.. I don't have anything to do with this."

Sasha, obviously, didn't accept his answer since she pulls her knife from her belt and approaches him.