𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
42. Surviving
SEASON 06 EPISODE 02
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"Oh..!" I exclaimed, flinching away from the door that swung open which revealed just the person I came here for. "Ron! Uh, I.. I was there when.. when it happened. I wanted to check up on you but, I thought you'd need a little.." Ron sped past while scoffing, knocking his shoulder into mine harshly.

I sighed, following after him.

"You've never not been there for me. Now, I'm gonna return the favor." I grabbed his upper arm and pulled him back, trying to make him look at me, but he didn't budge.
"You can't push me away because I won't go anywhere. Listen, your dad was awful. To you and your mom and brother. But he was still your dad. I get it, you know I do. Just talk to me, please?"

He huffed a deep breath and his shoulders dropped drastically. He turned to face me, locking eyes; and when he does, I saw the rage hidden within them. I couldn't detect the sadness for his father's death just yet.

"Can we go to your place?" He uses a low voice and clenched his jaw, trying to hold back from saying something... but I didn't know what.

"Yeah.. yeah, let's go." I mutter, stepping a little bit ahead of him to lead.

With only a few steps forward, he stopped, causing me to do the same when I noticed he wasn't following behind anymore. The
question of why stung the tip of my tongue
but when I turned to ask, his eyes weren't even on me, he was staring at something
above me with veins popping out from his neck and clenched fists. Spinning around, curiously, I found what he was looking at and I became disappointed when my eyes landed on it— them.

Carl and Enid were sitting together at the top of the guard tower, her hand on top of his. I didn't know what to make of it, but I knew it made me feel sick, I knew it made me jealous and upset. But, even though it was a terrible sight, my mind was telling me to just trust him. Still... holding hands was a bit much.

"Come.. Come on, Ron." I mumble, trying to drag my eyes away from the scene. His lips tilted into a frown and his eyes fell on me; I sigh, grabbing his arm and tugging him away.

The more I think of it, the more it angered me. It seemed so natural with them, like it has happened a million times before I saw it. Thoughts of them doing that behind my back.. it looms over me like a shadow; the handholding, the proximity is what angers me the most. It crept its way into my brain at the worst time— which is now.