𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
43. Depressive
SEASON 06 EPISODE 05
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It burns, my eyes and the gape of nothing pinching at my heart; and, still, I couldn't place an emotion on it. It's not something that could be explained in only one word. It's not regular, it's strange and confusing, yet so familiar. And it welcomed me with open arms as I wallow in my own misery and pity.

I haven't blinked, not for a while now, not since the news of what was happening out there was told by the group that had came back. That happiness I had for their return was overshadowed by the woe I felt when told Glenn was still out there... with Nick, and thousands of walkers.

Shit.

A shadow threatens me, drowning the sun, which kisses my skin, in darkness; though their presence couldn't've been more clear, I ignore them. Refusing to even look their direction.

"Don't worry too much, he's a survivor." I scoff at him, not responding. "Standing at the gate isn't going to make him magically appear in front of it."

"You don't understand." I breathe, staring through the locked gate at the road ahead. "He can't keep getting into situations like this and surviving... you can only survive for so long, we know that. Death's gonna catch up to him.. and maybe that's today."

"You shouldn't think that way." Kareem tells me, placing a hand over my shoulder.

"How should I think?" I question, turning away from the road to glare at him.

Goosebumps run across my skin, tickling the thin darkened hairs growing among it, which influenced the hairs on the nape of my neck to stand tall. Whistling amongst the winds is a voice, screeching for me to do something.

"Kendall?" Kareem touches my shoulder when noticing my attention shifting. "Are you okay?"

"Shh." I murmur, shrugging his hand from my shoulder and facing the gates again. "I hear something..." I narrow my eyes at the road ahead.

"Open the gate!" His, all familiar, voice is like thunder clapping. Frigid chills vibrate against the bones of my spine, causing me to shiver. "Open the gate!" He yells for us again, and this time I see the massive mob of walkers behind him. "Open the gate." I act fast at his last scream of desperation; I tremble with fear.

"Shit." I whisper under my breath, pulling open the gate and taking in the situation I was throwing myself in. Reaching for my gun, I step over the threshold of the gates, aiming for the walkers that reach for Rick. "Kareem!" I scream as he sprints past me, which forces me to shoot.