𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
11. Sonofabitch
SEASON 02 EPISODE 05
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Seven days. It's been seven days since I have last spoken, I meant what I said about keeping distance. It seemed to put everyone else at ease, the crazy violent young girl had finally kept her mouth shut like she did originally, it made them feel better— less outbursts and the less the had to worry about me teetering over the edge of instability.

I was a ticking time bomb, a safety hazard. It was the description of myself that ran through my mind every time I wanted to open my mouth, every time I wanted to toss in my two cents. It made my mouth shut awfully fast, severely unnoticed by the people around me.

At some point I thought it'd be better to set up camp further away from them. I didn't want them on edge, I didn't want to bother or burden them.

It wasn't hard to silence myself, to not open my mouth, it took years of neglect and practice but at some point I had mastered it. I was silent most of the time, how hard would it be to not speak at all... right?

A frown was pulling on my lips, the longer I had laid under the sun, staring at the sky, I had only grown more irritated. I was using nature to distract myself, along with sound of my pencil scraping against my notebook paper and music. It was all the same, every day and the only thing it did was gather almost unnoticeable red marks on my chest and arms and boredom.

I pulled the music from my head, slamming the cassette and headphones on the ground beside me when the sun became too much for me. It wasn't the only thing that came to be too much, the boredom was just as overbearing. I sighed, tossing my cassette player into my tent and slamming my butt down on the surprisingly comfortable surface. I was lost in though for a moment, my eyes staring down the forest that stood not too far from me; it made me think and soon that thought became an action.

The crowbar that hid itself under my pillow was now clenched in my hand, my fingers wrapping around the slender metal. I peeked from my tent, looking around the camp, searching the exterior of the farmhouse but when the coast was clear I was gone. Running down the fields, crouching to keep myself low and hidden. I didn't even bother to bring my music, just myself and my weapon.

It's a stupid idea. Go back. Just go back.

I didn't seem to listen, my adrenaline was pumping to hard and the sound of my racing heart had flooded in the sound of my uneven breaths and running. It didn't take long for my thoughts to become nothing but just that— a thought.

A smile was now spread across my lips, a newfound excitement dripping from my aura. It died when realizing where I was, it caused me to become so much more aware of my surroundings. I had passed the tree lines, it would be hard for anyone to catch sight of me; but they wouldn't be searching for me anyways.