𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
44. CARL?!
SEASON 06 EPISODE 08/09
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It feels as if my body is not my own, as if it someone were controlling it for me, hindering me from doing certain things; sprinting as an example.

Ten green balloons knotted together and slowly wobbling toward the atmosphere, forces me to run toward the wall, all while watching as they float in the sky. It has to be Glenn. It has to be Glenn. I chant within my mind, slowing down out of exhausting and placing my hands on my knees to catch my breath. A smile full of hope spreading across my face.

"It has to be." I mumble under my breath.

And just like always, slivers of happiness and hope fall into hasty ruin.

In the corner of my eye, the building used as a guarding tower, the white church that stands so closely to the wall, now wobbles. It seemed to move in slow motion, teetering to the left, then the right until deciding to drop right atop of the wall. I freeze, watching as everything happens right in front of me with fear stabbing through my heart.

Run. I warn myself, but nothing. It wasn't until the mixture of dust and wind pushes me back I blink into reality.

"Kendall!" I quiver with tears swelling in my eyes and a huge bile rising within my throat. Seconds before one of them could touch me, a hand grabs my arm and pulls me off the ground. "Come on." Rick says, pushing me forward and sprinting behind me.

I become unaware of phenomenon happening around me, yet seriously and very aware of a torturing kind of pain achingly pulsing within the palm of my hand. Dark red filled my eyes when I glance down at it; blood pouring from the large scarring wound that cut through my palm. I purposely begin to slack, falling back and slowing down so that I could really see it. The way it begins to pale strikes more fear in me.

"Hey!" Carl screams in my ear, bumping my shoulder.

When did he even get here?

"Ah." I whimper, trailing behind them weakly and sluggishly— right into Jessie's home. "Ah, shit." I whimper again, scorching the walls of my throat while trying to hold in my tears; all while closing and locking the door behind me.

In the middle of all the chaos and destruction my adrenaline crumbles drastically, forcing an overwhelming amount of pain to come forth; not only from the would, it buzzes throughout me, quivering up my arm and rolling down my back.