𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
07. Sophia...
SEASON 02 EPISODE 01
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

One hundred twenty five miles— that's what lies ahead. It was hard to not lose faith, to lose hope. I could do it, I did it once and I could just as easily do it again. I wouldn't, not for the people I love, for the person that saved my life and now took care of me. Glenn was my family and now that I have searched the deeper definition of it, there was nothing that would make me turn against him. I was willing to lay down my life for him, to do anything for him, I owed him that much.

I wasn't willing to turn my back on him, not again.

"Kendall." Glenn called for me, my eyes snapping away from my journal to give him my focus. The man gestured for me to come here and I did as I was told.

"Glenn. I don't want to do it." I groaned, shaking my head at him. "The world has ended and you guys want me to learn."

"You learned how to kill, now learn how to read and write better."

"I can write!" I gasped in hurt. "I write in my journal everyday."

"Yeah, I've seen the way you write, you could do better." Glenn laughed, causing me to raise a fist and slam it into his arm.

"Get me a high school level book and I'll read."

"Geez." Dale says, catching our attention. "Aw no." He slowed the van to a stop.

A highway, filled with cars. Many were flipped over, all were opened and the problem was that they were all in the way, no way through for us at the moment. It was like a highway filled with supplies, with things we probably needed and didn't know at the moment.

"Uh, maybe we should just go back." Glenn looked down at the map. "There's an interstate bypass—"

"We can't spare the fuel." Dale cut him off, watching Daryl zoom through the cars ahead.

We were slowly maneuvering our way through but it wouldn't last long. There were far too many cars and the van was too huge. Each of us looked around, staring into the distance and into the cars beside us and before we could say anything about getting through all the guys— just as I predicted— it didn't last long. The engine blew and a screeching sound filled the van as it stopped.

"I said it." Dale exasperated, jumping out of the van. "Didn't I say it. A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Rick asks.

"Just a small matter of being stick in the middle of nowhere with no hope of— okay, that was dumb." He cut himself off, searching around our area.

"If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane trailed off.