𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
39. Coward
SEASON 05 EPISODE 14
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

I remember what home feels like when his arms tighten around me, sleepily; his deep breaths of air whisking against the skin of my neck, which tugs me into a comforting sense of security. He huffs a throaty groan before shifting slightly, with me still in his arms. I smile, peppering his lips with light kisses as his eyes start to flutter open.

"Noah." I mumble against his lips and he hums, keeping his eyes closed. "Wake up, you have a meeting this morning." Again, Noah hums, acting as if he was still sleep. His arms tighten, sliding down to my hips before turning us over completely. I laugh in shock, cupping his cheeks.

"Ten more minutes, Siah." Noah says with a husky voice. His lips capture mine when I opened them to speak; this is him telling me to shut up. "Ten more." Noah murmurs before kissing me, again.

"Mmnt-mm." I hum, scoffing at him while rolling off the bed and slapping his ass. "I love you."

"I love you!"

MORNING SUPPLY RUN

In the back of the van, I check out the gun that was shoved in my hands. Running my fingers across the weapon in curiosity just to sit it down beside me. Although to have it is needed nowadays, I'd still rather carry around my combat knives.

"You'll need it." Glenn, the one who gave me the gun, says over the booming music played in the van. "Keep the knife but the gun helps when a whole group is coming after you."

"I know." I nod. "I'll keep it, but it doesn't mean I'll like it." A taut smile rises on my lips while looking down at the gun beside me. Noah sets his hand over my thigh and it makes the smile on my lips soften into a real one.

"I can teach you, little sis." Kareem taunts me from the corner of the van, a laugh left him as I scowl. "No, in all seriousness, I'll teach you."

"Shut up."

"That's it there?" Tara asks moments after we exited the van; everyone checking out their guns, reloading and stocking up with ammo.

"That's the warehouse." Aiden nods as he responds, looking at the building, briefly. "Looks like that door is our fastest way in and out."

Everyone, except outside of the two men who knew nothing of survival, glances at each other. "We should know all the exits first." Glenn decided to speak for us. "So there's a plan if things go south."