𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

❛ YOU PROMISED

YOU PROMISED.
34. Mission Atlanta
SEASON 05 EPISODE 07 & 08
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"Noah?!" Messiah's voice is alone as she watches, as all of us watch, an unfamiliar boy step into the church with Daryl by his side. "Oh— Oh, my God, Noah!"

The boy, Noah, he said nothing; silently, and with a limp, he hurried and wrapped his arms around her waist; muffling her sobs by holding her close to his chest. "I knew it.." He murmurs.

All of us were surprised when they pulled away from the embrace to kiss. The teens savor each other; wiping one's tears by a simple swipe of the thumb before hugging and kissing more. I couldn't explain how blindsided I am because of this, especially since Messiah was one to trust nobody.

Kareem, Jeremiah, and Kassala appeared to know him well. Smiling and crying and hugging, and laughing. It reminded me of the camp we had in the mountains.. when Rick reunited with his family... It's kind of heartwarming.

In the backroom of the church, I sit alone with my knees pulled to my chest, staring at the wall in front of me. I was swamped with exhaustion and discomfort almost as soon as the sun rose; I couldn't get myself to move or to feel anything other than this unpleasantness.

I blink when fingers snap right in front of my, unfocused, eyes. I sigh, handing over all my attention to the person that, is now, sitting beside me. Kareem. He's a disease, but he was around when needed and I find that a bit comforting.

"You haven't moved for hours." He tells me, as if I didn't know. "I think everyone's getting worried."

"If they were... you wouldn't be the only one talking to me right now." I say, finally locking eyes with him. "I just.. I don't feel good today; I wanna lay down."

"Kendall—"

"Kareem, please."

"Okay." He breathed, standing up. "But I wanna tell you that half of the group, and Messiah and I, are going to Atlanta to get Carol and Beth.. I didn't want to leave but Messiah won't leave Noah's side and I—"

"I get it." I scoff, looking away. "None of this is new to me, so just go.."

"Kendall.."

"It's fine. Go."

I release a deep breath and lean back into the corner when he leaves the room; once again my shoulders are slumped, my eyes are unfocused, and I was bombarded with that feeling.. I just couldn't shake it away, though at some point I completely give in to it. It was a numbing kind of feeling but that's how I wanted to feel— numb.