Any changes?

The next day,Nick woke up as he felt someone tapping his shoulder gently.

"Wh-what's wrong... is she okay?" he asked immediately still half asleep while looking at Meredith's figure on the bed

"She's finally stable and you should eat something and take a bath maybe then come back" he turns around and saw Amelia wearing a protective gown, gloves as well as a mask to prevent passing any infection or bacteria to Meredith.

"No, thank you... I'm not leaving her" he answered determined, looking back at Meredith caressing her bruised knuckles

"At least eat something... just a bite or coffee" Amelia suggested again, worried.

He hasn't eaten anything yet since he entered the ICU yesterday morning,he only went out twice to go to the bathroom and went back, sanitize himself and sit back next to Meredith.

"Nick..." Amelia sighs softly "I'll stay with her... I'll page you immediately if there's any changes" she added, trying to convince him to think about himself as well

"I'll be right back..." he stood up hesitantly, pressing a kiss on Meredith's forehead before he excuse himself.

He stepped outside the room bumping into someone.

"S-sorry" he mumbled still quite sleepy

"Excuse me!" he looked up and saw Alex looking at him enraging,he just walked past him and went  sanitizing himself and went inside ICU to stay with Amelia.

Is Alex really blaming him for what happened to Meredith? Is he blaming Nick because he ignored her message?

Snapped out of his deep thoughts when she heard Maggie calling him

"Nick!" she called out a little louder "Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah... I'm good" he muttered not enough to convince Maggie

"Have you eaten anything yet? a coffee?" she asked looking at him concerned.

Though she knew about what happened to Nick and her sister's relationship,she knew how hurt Meredith was, but she can't bear watching Nick as if he's a lost kid at the amusement park since, she can't bear watching him worry like that to Meredith.

"I should go... I'll just take a bath and come back after" he answers instead, avoiding the question about if he has eaten anything yet.

How could he possibly eat if even himself is blaming him for what happened to Meredith,the woman he loved.Wait,do I still really even love her after she cheated on me with my friend? Wait, why were they even together that evening?

Still disoriented and not so aware of his surrounding,he found himself in front of his car in the parking lot, looking up to the bright sun, wincing slightly as his eyes automatically closed.

Meanwhile, Alex sat next to Amelia in the ICU looking at Meredith's stat from time to time.

"Even if you look at that machine like a hawk...it won't change anything, we just have to wait" Amelia said, smiling slightly at how worried Alex is to Meredith

"I know... but it makes me feel better" Alex sighs deeply, caressing Meredith's knuckles. "What'd he police says? have they found anything yet?" he asked after some moment.

"They're working hard... let them do their job, Alex" Amelia answered shortly

"I just... it seems like they're working slower than the tortoise"

"That's how they do their work, step by step..." Amelia stated, trying to sound as softly as possibly and not as if she's annoyed by his statement  "they just can't rush things through"

"They can actually... if they would just work their ass off and stop eating donuts" Alex rolled his eyes, making Amelia chuckle slightly

"Not all police eat donuts,Alex" Amelia reminded him

"Yes, they do. I watched cartoons and look at all the police characters they always have donuts in their hands during break time"

"Fine.." Amelia gave in "But still...we just need to trust them and let them do their part as a police"

"It's not just a simple case they're trying to solve, Meredith isn't just a civilian, she's an award winning surgeon who may not wake up again" Alex stated, trying to sound calm but the anger and resentment was hearable in his words.

After some moment they heard someone knocking on the door,they both turning around and saw Nathan standing outside the room already wearing gown,gloves and face mask while he was  gesturing if he could come in, Amelia just nodded.

"Any change?" he asked, closing the door behind him

"She's finally stable..." Amelia sighs,as she looked at Meredith's vitals, sighing in relief as she saw her heart beat and bp were all stable,thet just need her to up.

"Where's Nick?" he asked, sitting next to Amelia on the couch.

"He went out to take a bath and eat" Amelia answered shortly

"For the first time since yesterday?" Nathan asked in shock nodded "He's though"

"For Meredith...he is" Amelia answered "He's trying...he stayed with her the whole day yesterday, didn't eat anything, couldn't sleep comfortably scared she might code or something bad might happen"

"Did she code again?" Nathan asked

"Thankfully no..." Amelia answered,in relief

They just sat there in silence, feeling each other's presence until Alex spoke.

"Order a CT.."