not my mom

NOT MY MOM - part 19

your POV - time skip to the last day home (from working break)

"morning dad!" i said while i walked downstairs.
"hey y/n, sadie still sleeping?"
"yes, uh can i ask you something?" i asked nervously.
"sure, whats up?"
"you havent told me yet where are you going lately, are you keep meeting up with someone or i mean its not a proble-"
"well, i met a woman at work a few months ago" he strated explaining. "and things are getting pretty serious between us."
i shocked. i am not ready for a woman in my life, for a step mom or something.
"i am sorry that i didnt tell you this before!"
"its okay i guess." im mad. but not because of my dad or not mad at him. im mad at the world. im mad at this woman. i am mad at my mom. im mad at myself.
"she is really nice, and supportive! im sure you will love her. and its not that serious. i said its getting pretty serious between us but not as serious as a relationship. i am trying to say that we wont be together for a couple of months for now, i need time, she needs time to."
"whats her name?"
"amelia." fuck it its a pretty name. "i am sorry y/n."
"no dad, dont be sorry! i am happy that you found your way!" i said, faking a smile.
"tell me when you are fully okay with this and when she can come over okay? ill give you as much time as much you need." he hugged me.
"i am happy that you found someone after mom."
i am actually happy for him. i am mad but maybe i dont know why. im in stress. too much feelings at once.
i wanna be fucking dead. but i am happy for him. i was expecting this answer but i wasnt.

i went back upstairs and half-sat half-layed down next to sadie, she was still sleeping. she was facing my waist, there was a inch between her mouth and my waist. i kissed her head and put one of my hands on her shoulder.

i was on my phone trying not to cry, softly playing with her hair. i dont know why am i so sensitive today, its a good thing that my father is finally happier. i hope that she is actually kind. actually i am sure about that. my dad wants me the best so.

sadie woke up around 12am. when she was done w her 'morning routine' like dress up etc i told her.
"so i know where my dad is goning when he is not at work and not home."
"a girlfriend isnt it?" she asked with no hesitation.
"yes. or basically no, they are not together. yet. but he has someone." i explained. "he said that she is kind. he said he is giving me as much time as much i need."
"are you okay?" she asked after a few second long stare.
"yes, i am fine. im happy that he is happy."
she hugged me. it was sooo comforting.

i am not fine but i cant let anyone know it.

we drank coffee and then ate. around 5pm she went home and later i went to sleep.

tomorrow, 7.30am.

i just woke up. i have to leave for work half a hour later. my dad will drop me off like usually.
i am excited because i havent seen them in a while because of the unexpected break we had. we could meet but everyone made plans bc we had time so.

when i was ready we left. im gonna film with millie for a hour then with millie and joe for another hour then a talking scene only with joe. ill be done with all of these by 3pm. sadie is going to start filming at 3.40pm.

"can i ask you a question?" steve asked. we were alone in the room waiting for a lamp to start flicking.
"of course, whats up?"
"were you in the lab with el?"
i looked at him.
"yes but no." i took a deep breath. "eleven and i were called 'practical lab subjects'. the others were 'just' trained and abused. we were placed in different rooms. we were treated like uh, we were almost killed everyday, like trained us till we cant stand on our own foot. we were starved, and they always made us fight with demodogs or what you calling them because we are the strongest from all of us. but they didnt let the demodogs touch us, the amount of power we had to use to fight them, for a 10 years old it was way more then we could handle. but they didnt really care." i was fighting with my tears. "and so we met only a few times, and they also made us fight with each other, with the other people with power, to see who is the strongest. me and eleven were the ones, so at the end we would have to fight each other but she ran away thank god. there is actually one time when we fought, we couldnt lost or either win because we had exactly as much power as the other one of us. so they trained us more so we can become unstoppable, when we could win over each other but as you know she ran away before me, so we wouldnt had to fight more. its kinda complicated."
"i got it, my god lisa, this is so horrible." he was tearing up. "i am so sorry that you had to go through all this, that el had to go through all this!"
he hugged me.
"i know, but its over finally."
"yes, but what if they took you or her?"
"i dont really know to be honest. we might get killed, abused again but, they wont catch us because we are much stronger than them."
"if you say so." he looked at me. "you are doing a really great job, i promise you lisa, if we are finally done with all this upside down and everything shit, i will help you find peace, you could be a normal teenager even if you have power!"
"that would be so great steve, thank yo-, steve! steve!"
"OH MY GOD, IS SOMEONE THERE?"
the lamp was flicking.
[...]

"this scene was amazing!" the duffers shouted. "well done y/n and joe. it was amazing."

it was 2:40pm. i went into my dressing room and dressed back to my crop top, and baggy jeans. millie came in and asked me if i wanted to go to hers and of course i said yes.
when we were walking out of the studio, sadie was walking in.
"heeey." i said hugging her.
"hey y/n, mil." she softly grabbed my waist, between the bottom of my crop top and my jeans, and kissed me.

_____
@ notthesadiesink is the books tiktok acc!