Three: Welcome to Paradise. Part Two.

Later, Ellie was with Caroline, and Ellie tried to call Damon...

Ellie got Damon's answerphone.

"Yeah, not answering is one of his things." Caroline said.

"He said he was here to apologise."

"Lying. Why am I not surprised?" Caroline asked.

Tyler and Matt walked over to them, and Ellie looked up at them and smiled.

"Hey. You guys seen Damon?" Ellie asked.

"I didn't even know he was back." Matt said.

"You want to fill us in on what we're doing here, Ellie?"

"You don't remember this place?" Ellie asked them.

They all looked at her.

"We used to sneak off here and get wasted while our parents were outside grilling. Granted, we all have a few fewer parents, but we can still have fun." Ellie said, smiling, while holding out a Jello-O shot to Matt and Tyler.

"Actually, I can't. Working on my rage issues, and this wouldn't help." Tyler said.

"My buddy's wasted, and I've gotta train in the morning." Matt tells her.

"Okay. Well, I don't want to sound like an alcoholic, but I do want a shot. Will someone do one with me?" Asked Ellie.

"Done." Caroline said, putting her arm up.

Ellie smiled, turning around and handing one to Caroline.

"Fine." Tyler says, taking a shot from Ellie's hand.

Ellie handed one to Matt.

They dug their fingers in, mixing the jelly.

"Bottom's up." Ellie said.

Ellie and Caroline down the Jello-O shot.

"Well, here we are. Having fun. I'm having fun. Aren't we having fun? This is really fun." Caroline says.

"Clearly, this was a big mistake. I just wanted to spend one afternoon pretending for a split second that we're not completely drifting apart." Ellie said, placing the empty Jello-O shot down.

"That's the problem, Ellie. Not all of us are okay with pretending. Some of us prefer to face our problems head-on." Caroline says.

"I think we should go." Matt said.

"Yeah." Tyler said, agreeing.

Matt and Tyler walked away.

"What's going on?" Ellie asked, looking at Caroline.

"I'm just lonely, okay? Bonnie's gone. Stefan's gone. Enzo, shocker, terrible, murderous friend."