Seven: Do You Remember the First Time?

Where we left off, Stefan and Ellie had just finally set eyes on each other after months...

"Okay. I'll start. I know Alaric Eternal Sunshined our relationship out of your brain... but please tell me it's coming back. Or at least part of it. Imagining this exact moment is what got me through the last few months."

"I'm not sure what to say

"I'm not sure what to say..." She tells him.

"Easy. So easy. Just say you missed me as much as I missed you."

He walked in, grabbing both of her hands. She looked down at their hands.

"I remember pain." She said, removing her hands from his. "I remember all the terrible things you did. I honestly don't remember anything good about us. I thought if I saw you in person, it might change everything, but..."

"Maybe you just need a little more time."

"Stefan, I know that I loved you. Everyone has told me. Our love consumed me." She says.

"Yeah."

"And I know that, apparently, I forgave you for all the awful things you did..." She said, trailing off.

"Yeah."

"But I just don't remember it. I'm sorry, I... I just don't... feel it anymore. I'm sorry." She tells him.

"Yeah. Me too. Um... yeah."

"Stefan, I'm... I really am sorry." She said, grabbing the door.

He exhaled and she closed the door.

Later, Stefan was in Ric's hospital room, clicking all the different buttons on the machine

"Hey. I really don't think you should be playing with all that stuff." Ric said.

"Keep going. We were on a roll. All these terrible things I did to people Ellie cared about. Let's see. I hardly hurt the people she cares about. Maybe I might have threatened to kill Bon Bon once or twice."

"More than a couple of times." Ric tells him.

"Subjective. Sometimes I was being funny."

"You killed Damon's fake girlfriend on Elena and Ellie's birthdays. Granted, your humanity was off." Ric says.