Four: Black Hole Sun. Part Two.

Stefan came out of the flashback, and he stood at the bottom of the stairs where he had snapped Damon's neck...

He frowned, hearing Bonnie chanting, and walked back over to them, seeing the blood moving.

"The blood's moving towards Virginia. Can't be right." Kai says.

"Mm-Mm. Spell's working. It's showing me Mystic Falls. Feels so... close." Bonnie said, turning to Kai.

Stefan frowned, seeing Bonnie's hand on Kai's chest.

"It's right here." Bonnie said, seeing the candle flames were going out.

Kai went into his pocket and pulled out the ascendant.

"Very good." Kai said, looking at Stefan, then at Bonnie.

"That's the ascendant?" Bonnie asked.

"The one and only." Said Kai.

"Thanks for the mind games." Stefan said, rolling his eyes and glaring at Kai.

"It was just another little test. To make sure Bonnie's magic was precise enough for the spell. I do believe you're ready. Pick your bags. We're going home."

Stefan smirked at Bonnie, raising his eyebrows

*Flashback...*

Mystic Falls, 1994.

Damon was lying on the ground, and he groaned...

He looked up, seeing Stefan standing at the door.

"Here's what I don't get, Damon. Why'd you insinuate yourself back into my life... and then cheat and lie and break all the rules?"

"I lied because I knew you'd be mad. Believe it or not, Stefan, I enjoy being here." Damon said, walking towards the door.

His skin touched the sun, and it sizzled against his skin, instantly burning him. Damon yelled, pulling his hand from the sunlight.

"You'll get your daylight ring back when you decide to behave. Now, answer my question. Why'd you come back here?"

"Because I missed my brother. I wanna have a connection to my humanity. I wanted to feel something. When I decided to come home, it came rushing back... just like I hoped it would." Damon tells him.