Twelve: Prayer For the Dying. Part Two.

At the Grill with Liv, Luke, and their father...

"You're refusing to merge?"

"We wanna consider other options." Said Luke.

"There are no other options. If a set of twins doesn't merge, the Gemini bloodline will cease to exist upon my death. That means the entire coven will die. Is that what you want?"

"No, of course not. But you are in perfect health. Kai is on ice. That means we have time to figure this out." Luke said.

"There is nothing to figure out. This is what you were born to do."

"No, Dad

"No, Dad. This is why Kai and Jo were born. We're just the backup plan you bred because you thought your first batch had a design flaw." Liv said.

"Kai is a psychopath. An extremely dangerous one."

"Dad... Jo can do this. She can win. All we're asking is that you give her a chance." Said Liv.

"I'm not asking you to do anything I haven't done myself."

"That's easy for you to say. You merged with your twin brother and you won. You didn't drop dead." Liv says.

"It doesn't work like that, and you know it. One will absorb traits from the other. Both of your souls will unite into a new being."

"Who looks exactly like me. Yeah. I know I'm stronger than Liv. So, that means I will win if we merge. You can put whatever poetic spin you want on it... but I will be killing my own sister. I can't do that to her." Luke said.

Back with Kai, Tyler was standing beside his body and began pulling off the wires...

The monitor beeped.

"Bad timing, Lockwood, I'm in a mood. What the hell are you doing?" Damon asked, standing behind Tyler.

Tyler turned around, seeing Damon.

"I'll make it easier. I'll give you multiple choice." Damon said, pressing onto Tyler's neck tighter.

Tyler grunted.

"A, "I'm being an idiot."

Tyler groaned.

"B.. "I have anger issues, I'm a puny human, I have to pick on people while they sleep. C, A and B are both correct." Said Damon.

Tyler grunted, pulling out of Damon's grasp.

"Liv's dad's in town. She's trying to convince him to let Jo and Kai do the merge."

"Thought you'd come grab Kai as a failsafe in case Papa Parker says no to Liv and Luke. You turn him loose, and he merges with Jo anyway. Huh? While I appreciate your efforts... he's a psycho-freak magic siphon. I'm not gonna just let you walk out with him." Said Damon.

Damon frowned, looking at Kai, then looking back at Tyler.

"I could kiss you right now, you beautiful moron." Damon said, smacking Tyler's neck.