Eight: Fade Into You.

*Flashback...*

May 9, 1994...

Girls' muffled screams could be heard from inside the house. Metal clanking against things.

A woman whimpered, and she lay on the floor with a hunters' knife in her stomach.

"Josette! Where are they?" A man asked.

She was whimpering on the floor. She heard the girls screaming and tried to sit up. She groaned.

She grunted and cried out, pulling the hunters' knife from her stomach

She grunted and cried out, pulling the hunters' knife from her stomach. She placed her hand on her stomach and got to her knees.

"Jo! Come on out, Jo. I know you can hear me." He said.

Blood dripped on the floor from her stomach, and she placed her hand on the chest of drawers for support.

She placed her hand against the wall and walked to one of the bedrooms.

"Josette! Where are they, Jo?" He asked.

She saw two kids peeping over the bed.

"Hey." She said, hiding the hunters' knife behind her back, and walked over to them.

The two children whimpered softly.

"Everything's going to be okay, all right? Everybody is just playing a game. You guys wanna play a game? You wanna play hide-and-seek?" She asked them quietly.

The children nodded.

"Okay." She said, placing her finger to her lips.

They all climbed under the bed.

A pair of boots were seen walking where Jo had just been laid.

"Come on out, Jo. You know I won't kill you." He said, following the trail of blood into a bedroom.

Jo was still under the bed with the two young kids and placed her finger to her lips, seeing his boots near the bed. She had her arms around them, and they breathed heavily.

*End of Flashback...*

With Kai and Bonnie, he opened the trunk...

"Wakey, wakey. Come here. Ah." He said, breathing heavily, helping her out of the trunk.

"How did I-?"

"Get so lucky to arrive on a private flight... piloted by yours truly? You would've been super impressed by my flying skills. I knocked you out with painkillers." He said, throwing a bag on the floor.

"Where are we?"

"Portland, Oregon. The Stomping grounds of Courtney Love... Tonya Harding, and tonnes of other awesome people." He tells her.

"You could've brought me anywhere in the world, and you took me to Portland?"

"This is where I grew up." He said, grabbing her hands and cutting the tape around her wrists.