Nine: I Alone. Part Two.

Back with Ellie and Stefan, they were making pancakes, and he popped the cork off the champagne...

He flipped the pancakes over to her, and she caught them with a plate.

They sat down at the table with their pancakes. She stared at his plate.

"Hang on."

She rearranged the blueberries into a face and squirted fresh cream on his fangs.

He chuckled softly, staring at her, and she licked the cream off her finger.

She looked down, grabbing her fork and knife, and looked up at him, seeing him smiling at her.

She smiled.

"What?" She asked

"Nothing. Let's eat."

She cut into her pancake while looking down at the crossword.

"Okay, who mangled the crossword?" She asked, laughing.

She picked up the newspaper.

"Six letters. Illiterate witch, B."

She smiled, putting the newspaper down and frowning, recognising Jo's picture. She picked it up and looked at it.

"This is about Kai and Jo." She said.

"Yep. Kai's greatest hits. Staring us in the face every day."

"If Kai's out, he's gonna go after Jo again. Stefan, he's gonna kill her." She says.

"If I have my Gemini rules down, actually, he's gonna merge with her. Which will most likely result in her death. Which, I guess, is six of one-"

"Then why would she give you the ascendant?" She asked, watching him putting some pancakes in his mouth.

"Um... Damon asked her very nicely. You want some music, maybe? I'm gonna turn on some music."

"It was the only thing trapping Kai, and she just gave it to you?" She asked.

"I told you, she gave it to Damon. We have Nirvana. Nine-Inch Nails. Boyz II Men."

"Stefan." She said, giving him a look.

"Fine. She didn't give it to Damon. Alaric stole it from her."

"Alaric stole from her?" She asked, scoffing.

"After Damon compelled him."

She turned around, threw the napkin on the table, and walked away.

"What? Ellie, stop."

"Of course, he compelled his best friend. Why would that be off-limits? Did you even try to stop him?"

"I'm trying to get Bonnie back." He said, grabbing her arm.