Eight: Fade Into You. Part Two.

Later, Tyler walked into the bar and found Liv pouring a shot...

"Caroline are out looking for you. She wanted to apologise. Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?" She asked and drank a shot. "My coven requires my brother and me to merge when we turn 22. Because that's not totally screwed up."

"You're talking to a guy with the gene that turns himself into a wolf. If you don't want to merge, then don't. Your coven doesn't control you."

"My coven needs a leader. You don't understand, because you're not one of us. You're not even supposed to be in my life."

"Let me help you

"Let me help you."

"You can't help me." She said, pouring a shot. "Why do you think I'm trying to get rid of you? When I look at you... I feel everything I don't get to have. I, either die in the merge, or I get to live with the fact that I killed my own brother. Tell me, Tyler... how can you help with that?"

She sat down and looked at him.

Back with Joshua and Stefan, Stefan watched him wave his hand over a bunch of candles and they lit...

When you say "merge"... you don't actually mean merge, do you?" Asked Stefan.

"That's exactly what I mean. If Kai gets out, he'll head straight for Jo. His ability to siphon magic will overwhelm Jo, and she will die... and our coven will be left to the whims of a madman."

"Which is now moot thanks to Liv and Luke. Let's talk about this ascendant." Stefan says.

"I won't let him out, Stefan."

"I wasn't gonna say anything, because you're his dad and all. But if he gets out, I'll just kill him. It's that simple." Stefan said, shrugging.

"I've watched Jo her whole life. She's done well on her own. Survived war, becoming a doctor. If Jo merged with Kai, she will cease to exist. Kai won't just be our coven's problem. He'll be everyone's problem."

Back with Damon and Ric, they were still standing on the field and Ric was on the phone to Jo...

Ric: "I think I met your dad."

Jo: "That's improbable considering he lives in Portland."

Ric: "Believe it or not, I'm actually in Portland."

Jo: "Ric, you need to tell me what's going on right now?"

Damon was standing beside Ric and on the phone to Ellie...

Ellie: "Stefan's gone? As in, into thin air?"

Damon: "Ooh, be careful. You just sounded genuinely concerned for my brother."

Ellie: "I don't have any feelings for him anymore. Doesn't mean I want him to blink out of existence."

"