Four: Black Hole Sun.

The next morning, Kai, Stefan, and Bonnie were listening to Kai talk in the boarding house...

"And I broke into the Oval Office... I took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. Then I was like, wait, how am I gonna get these photos developed?" Kai asked.

"Oh, my God. Just answer the damn question. How are we gonna get out of this, whatever it's called? Twilight Zone?" Stefan asked, glaring at Kai.

"I've got a question for you first. Why do you think we're stuck in a repeating loop of May 10th, 1994... doomed to repeat solar eclipses forever and ever and ever?" Asked Kai.

"How should I know?" Stefan asked, taking a sip of his drink.

"I heard you tell Bonnie this was your own personal hell. I'm kind of curious why." Kai says.

"I found everything you asked for. Can opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam... pocket knife, volume 0 of the encyclopaedia... a nail and a black marker. Now what?" Bonnie asked, walking in and tipping the object from her bag onto the table.

"Can't show you with my hands taped." Kai said.

Bonnie grabbed the pocket knife and walked over to Kai.

"Bonnie..." Stefan says, trailing off.

"Thank you." Kai tells her.

Bonnie cut the tape from his wrist.

"Okay, fine. How's this pile of crap going to get us out?" Stefan asked.

"I'll explain once you tell me what you did on May 10th, 1994." Kai tells him.

"What difference does it make?" Asked Stefan.

"Put it this way: Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free. I just want to know if you deserve to come along."

"He deserves it

"He deserves it." Bonnie says.

Stefan walked over, grabbing the pocket knife from Bonnie's hand.

"Or I could torture you until you actually say something useful." Stefan said, holding the pocket knife to his neck.

"If you torture me, I'll get mad, and then I won't want to help you. What kind of person needs to have that explained to them?" Kai asked, looking at Bonnie.

Bonnie reached forward, taking the knife from Stefan's hand.

Kai chuckled, walking away and sitting down on the chair.

"Play nice." Bonnie tells Stefan.

"Stop trying to impress the new guy." Stefan said.

"Why don't you just tell him your story?" Asked Bonnie.

"Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing Damon ever did, Bonnie."