Thirteen: The Day I Tried To Live.

Later, Bonnie was making breakfast listening to one of Stefan's terrible CDs...

The toast popped up, and she grabbed it, placing it on the plate, placing some scrambled egg onto the toast.

She untwisted the orange juice lid looking at the inside seeing the writing, "You're a winner."

She flipped it into the basket, which was also filled with bottle lids of the fresh orange she had drank.

She dropped the plate on the place mat where Stefan used to sit. She grabbed a marker, crossing off another day.

"Happy birthday Bonnie."

She tossed the calendar into the fire

Later, Jeremy was lifting weights when he saw Elena and Ellie pulling up...

"Hey." Ellie said, smiling softly, climbing out of the car.

Elena and Ellie grabbed the balloons from the back of Ellie's car, and Jeremy looked at them.

"You wanna give us a hand, please." Elena says.

"A little busy here." He said.

"Okay, fine, then you are on decoration duty. It's Bonnie's birthday."

"I know what today is." He tells them.

"Then you'll know how she'd want us to spend it. She would want us to celebrate it by cooking her favourite food... watching her favourite movies." Ellie says setting the balloons down.

"So we're throwing a birthday party where the guest of honour never shows up. That's not depressing." He said.

"Or we could celebrate you going to art school." Ellie says, grabbing the last few bags. "Oh, wait, we can't because I found your application in the garbage. Why didn't you tell us about going to art school?"

"I'm not. The only class I'm passing is study hall. They'll never let me in." He says.

"Jer, we've seen your portfolio. You're good."

"It doesn't matter. I'm not leaving without knowing if Bonnie's okay or not." He says.

Inside the boarding house, Caroline walked over to a table holding cutlery and on the phone to her mom...

Caroline: "Mom, I'm not calling to check up on you. I'm just about to start Bonnie's birthday cake. I wanna make sure your recipe called for three eggs instead of four, right?"

She looked down at Bonnie's already made cake.

Caroline: "Okay, I'm just a phone call away, in case you need any-"

"Bye." She says, pulling the phone away from her ear.

Ellie walked in seeing Caroline.

Ellie brought in the paper plates in, and she looked up and gasped loudly, seeing the teddy.