The beach

It was almost dawn when Y/n entered her hotel room and fell asleep thinking about all that happened on the plane. She could feel Carlos' fingers touching her chin and his breath on her neck. It was like a dream to her but she felt like she couldn't live it.The next morning she went out of her room and had breakfast with her father before getting on the plane and returning home. Christian was quiet, more than usual and y/n knew he was going to say something to her."Where have you been last night?" he drank his cappuccino and didn't look at her even for a second."I had a walk, is it that bad?" said y/n with a detached voice."I don't think you understand who we are in this world, y/n" he cleaned his mouth with a tissue. Obviously, he knew everything about last night, although she didn't know how."Oh my God, you tell me this all the time, dad!" y/n was pissed off about his attitude toward her."Great, I don't want to see you with him again. Are we clear?" he looked at her for the first time. His gaze was angry and determined. They stayed in silence for a couple of seconds, then y/n get up from the chair and went to her bedroom, closed her suitcase, and went to the airport alone, knowing that she wouldn't have seen him until the next Grand Prix since they lived in two different cities.One week passed by and y/n didn't want to see her father again. She couldn't stand him but her job was bigger than this, she loved working in Formula 1, it was the only reason she was with her father.When she arrived at the hotel, she wore her white swimsuit and went down to the beach of the hotel she was staying in. She lay on the sand and tried to relax before meeting her father, she put on some music on her Airpods and closed her eyes.

CARLOS' POV:

He didn't believe her. When she get away from him on the plane saying it was because of her father, the grand Prix, and Max, he didn't believe her, not even for a second. There was something else he couldn't understand. The only thing he thought was that for the first time after a long time he opened up to somebody but it was useless and, even if he didn't want to admit it, it was painful for him. Breaking up with Isabella, after all those years, was a pain he didn't know he could feel and he promised himself to don't feel the same for anybody else. When he get the hotel for the next Grand Prix, it was almost lunch time and he was starving, as usual."Let's go to eat, guys. I'm so hungry!" he said to his cousin Carlos (called Caco by everyone) and his personal trainer, Rupert. They were his team and his best friends.When they get to the restaurant, Rupert was making fun of Carlos "Caco, do you know your cousin has a crush on y/n Horner?"Carlos' cousin was drinking and nearly choked. "What?!" he laughed very hard."No, I don't" cut off Carlos pissed. "Bro, you brought her on your private jet last week, everybody on the pitlane knows this" said Rupert eating his pasta."You made out in the sky, eh? It's so romantic! I wish I could have a private jet too" said Caco trying to dry his shirt after he spilled his water on it."No I didn't ok?" Carlos was clearly mad. He didn't want to talk about that night, he was trying to forget everything and move on as if nothing has happened. "Now stop it, guys. Please" his voice hid all his sadness. "She told me very clearly this is impossible. So stop it, please. Let's focus on the race instead" He got up from the chair and went to the bathroom. He washed his face and tried to fake that everything was fine. He looked at the mirror and thought that he had to be concentrated on race and nothing else. That stuff was over and he could avoid her on the pitlane as he has always done. After eating, Carlos, Caco, and Rupert went to the beach to train a bit before going to the gym. They were walking on the shore when Rupert saw y/n set on her towel looking at the horizon."I think there's Horner's daughter over there" Immediately Caco turned around to see her better."Don't look at her, please. Let's keep on walking. We can't train right here" Said Carlos trying not to turn to see her. He was scared she was with Max or other guys.But Caco and Rupert didn't listen to Carlos and started chasing each other like two stupid children at the beach. They were very loud while Carlos kept on walking looking down at the sand.Y/n was looking at the horizon. She loved looking at the sea even if she didn't like swimming. Looking at the sea was a sort of cathartic feeling for her to get free of her worries. She didn't think about her father or Carlos and she was at peace with herself. But some noises get her attention. She looked at the shore and saw two guys chasing each other. She smiled for a second but then she looked closely and saw Carlos walking next, not joining them. He was wearing a blue swimsuit and a white hat. His hair was blowing with the wind and his muscles were perfectly lightened by the sun, she was breathless since she has never seen him shirtless. She thought he looked like a god walking in that way so confident.At a certain point, he turned to his right and their eyes met for a second. She smiled and waved at him very shyly, she was shaking. He looked at her with a bittersweet smile then he waved back like he was forced to do so. She felt his embarrassment because of his friends and she laughed about it. They kept on walking the shore until y/n couldn't see them anymore. She layed back on the sand very violently, it was awkward. All that situation was awkward.