The post-it

Working in Maranello is the biggest dream of every Formula 1 worker. Whether you are a mechanic, an engineer or a driver,  Scuderia Ferrari is the history of this sport, and y/n felt very lucky to be there. The HR manager took her to the office she would have worked from now on. It was a very big open space, with white walls and red stripes all over the room. Her desk was clean and a red chair was waiting for her. She sat there and opened her laptop while a lot of other workers were walking around the room, around the building. It was like a big beating heart full of life and crowded. She started checking some data, and stuff like that and now and then she looked around, feeling the power of the place she was in.

It was almost lunchtime and her stomach was screaming but she had to finish one last calculation when suddenly someone tapped on her left shoulder. She immediately turned back and saw Charles smiling at her.
"Are you hungry?" she noticed for the first time he had dimples. She thought he was a very cute and delicate boy, he looked like a royal prince and matched very well with Charlotte, his girlfriend. But there was something inside of him that made him look very normal, the perfect next-door boy, who likes cars but he's also kind and funny with everyone.
"Yes, but I have to finish this..." 
"Oh cmon, you'll finish it later. You need to taste all the Italian food they cook every day here." He smiled even more so y/n couldn't do anything but save her work, close her pc and follow Charles straight to the restaurant. On the way to it, Arthur, Andrea (Charles' personal trainer) and Antonio Fuoco (another driver, a Charles' friend) joined them. When the group arrived at the restaurant, everybody cheered Charles and they sat at a table. They started eating and y/n was feeling she was becoming part of a big family more and more. Everybody was very nice and kind, but she was a bit scared. She had been living in London, but most of all, she had been living with her father so all this affection maybe was a little too much for her, but she knew it was just a matter of time to completely enjoy this Italian love.

At the end of the lunch, she felt she was going to explode since she had eaten so much. Arthur, Andrea and Antonio left right after drinking a coffee, while Y/n and Charles remained sitting at the table talking about strategies and how much F1-75 is beautiful.
"Have you talked to Carlos?" asked Charles. He was a bit scared of being too intrusive and inappropriate but he was genuinely worried.
"No I haven't" She smiled a bit playing with the spoon inside the empty coffee cup.
"I think you're gonna see him today" She lifted her eyes and looked straight at Charles. He took her by chance even if it was completely normal for Carlos to come to Maranello to work like Charles was doing.
"Is he coming here?" she asked like it was the strangest thing ever.
"Yes, I think he's gonna arrive anytime soon. He texted me about one hour ago, he was leaving from Faenza so he's about to arrive."
Y/n faked a smile and didn't say anything but Charles understood her feelings and winked at her. She didn't get him. "I have a plan" he said proudly.
"you're scaring me, Cha!" 
"Trust me, I'm your new friend now" He got up from his chair and waited for y/n to do the same. On the way to their own offices, they were having a stroll outside the building, and heard the roar of a car engine. From the main steel gate a black Ferrari appeared. The car stopped near Charles' one and Carlos come out. He was wearing a simple pair of jeans, white sneakers, a Ferrari t-shirt and one of his hats. 
Charles and y/n saw him and suddenly Charles poked her left arm.
"Ouch! Why?" she didn't aspect him to do this.
"Follow me, ok?" he said without looking at her. They moved closer to Carlos talking and laughing a lot. Y/n understood the assignment.

CARLOS' POV:

That damn DNf was the icing on the cake for that horrible Sunday. When he arrived at the circuit with y/n, everything seemed perfect. He was finally opening his heart to another person who was making him feel safe after a long time. He was very proud of her joining the Scuderia because he knew how much she was worth. 
Before the race, Carlos got up to the hospitality searching for his cousin but he wasn't there. Near the buffet table there was Isabela, holding a VIP pass and talking with Charlotte. Carlos looked at her and he got pissed off about it. She had signed a contract with Ferrari to sponsor the clothes collection, which means she had to attend some races to wear the Ferrari brand. 
After the breakup, Carlos thought she would have stopped the contract and not come to the races, but she didn't and this made him uncomfortable every time. He got closer to the two girls and immediately Charlotte left, leaving Carlos and Isa alone.

"Again Isa?" he asked annoyed looking behind her, like he didn't want to look at Isa. 
"I have a contract, you know this" she said fixing her Ferrari belt. "This hasn't been a problem for you until she arrived. Are you afraid of her getting jealous?"
"This is ridiculous, Isa. I don't have time for this" He was about to leave.
"She saw me, by the way, today and last time I came to the GP. Hasn't she told you about it?" He turned back to her. He thought about the fact she didn't tell him anything and probably she misunderstood the whole situation.
"I didn't talk to her, if this is what you're thinking. She looks nice, tho." Carlos left Isa and searched for y/n but it was too late to talk, the race was about to start and he had to get in the car.

After his DNF he got too mad to talk to y/n and explain something that made him feel even madder. He got closer to the pit wall, shook Mattia's hand who hugged him and waited for y/n to do the same but she didn't move, she was following Charles' race and her eyes were locked on the screens. He decided to leave her work and went to his restroom. 
At the end of the race, after the picture with Charles, Carlos' only thought was to go talk to y/n. He had seen her somewhere in the paddock and after having congratulated Charles, he run away. He didn't know y/n was behind him, watching him following Isa and thinking about so many bad things. 

As soon as Carlos entered the paddock, he looked around but he didn't see Y/n. He cursed himself for not having talked with her immediately and he knew she was mad at him at this point. He went to the restaurant zone, but she was disappeared, he thought she had already left. Later that day, when he already arrived in Faenza, he saw the Instagram post that Scuderia Ferrari had published and realised she was three rows behind him. He swore in Spanish.

The days passed by and every time he wanted to text her, he immediately regretted the decision. He knew he was losing time but he had to talk to her in person, he was too afraid of being misunderstood. She was already mad at him.

Carlos arrived in Maranello and saw Charles and y/n getting closer to him. They were chatting and laughing and for a second he was jealous of Charles. Carlos waved at them while they got closer to him. He saw y/n wearing black tight jeans and a red Ferrari t-shirt with a couple of badges hanging on her neck and her unmissable ponytail he liked so much. He saw her and felt very guilty. He knew what she was thinking about, looking straight at him, and he knew he had to talk to her before everything become more complicated. 

As soon as she passed him by, he tried to look at her so they could have had the chance to talk in private but she didn't and kept on walking and talking with Charles until Carlos couldn't see them. He had to talk to her so he entered the building searching for them. He couldn't find either y/n or Charles so he asked where was her desk. She wasn't there so he decided to write a message on a post-it that he sticked on her closed laptop. 

I need to talk with you

I will be in the circuit testing the car

Carlos