The storm

All in all, Y/n managed to sleep maybe a few hours because she woke up at dawn in her room. She was lying on the bed, with the sheets rolled up but still wearing her Ferrari uniform. She got up with her elbows on the bed and realised that Charles was sleeping on the armchair in her room, holding his mobile phone in his hand. Her head ached and she got up to drink some water but Charles jolted awake.

"Are you okay?" he almost jumped out of the armchair.
"I'm fine, Cha. I was just getting some water. You want some too?" said y/n offering him a glass. He nodded and they drank together. Silence reigned in the room, while outside the first birds of the morning began to chirp.
"Caco texted me a little while ago," said Charles looking at his mobile phone and scratching his head, "I must have fallen asleep and didn't hear the message."
"What does it say?" Y/n didn't know if she actually wanted to know the content of that message, she was too afraid. Charles read it quickly in silence.
"Please, what does it say?" y/n tried to interpret Charles' facial expressions, without succeeding, she was too tired to even try.
"It says he's out of surgery, he's fine but for now he's in intensive care as a precaution."
"ICU?" y/n's heart thudded against her chest. Charles' phone began to ring and y/n could see that it was Caco. Immediately Charles answered it, putting it on speakerphone.
"Hey!" Charles tried to sound as calm (and not sleepy) as possible.
"Hey Charles, what's up?" the voice of Caco on the other end of the phone was muffled and strained.
"How's Carlos?" asked Charles ignoring Caco's question and sat down at the foot of the bed, y/n followed him by placing herself beside him, she wasn't about to miss any information.
"Good, he's out of surgery. They operated on his right leg and left wrist but everything seems to have gone well." Suddenly y/n and Charles took each other's hands and shook them tightly. It seemed that the nightmare was really over.
"But is he conscious?" asked y/n in one breath.
"Hi y/n. Yes he is conscious and is resting now but the doctors said no one can come in to visit him."
"Fine, what's important is that he's okay."
"When you can come, I'll tell you right away, okay?"
"Alright, just keep us updated," Charles said and then hung up the phone call. He turned to Y/n and they hugged again. "I think I'm going to go to sleep now, Y/n. My back is a mess" Charles got out of bed holding his back with his right hand. Y/n smiled because it seemed funny to her, then got up and walked him to the door.
"You rest now too" he gave her a kiss on the forehead and walked off towards his room, he greeted her from a distance and entered the room.

Y/n closed the door behind her and took off her work uniform, slipped into her pyjamas and got into bed. Within seconds she was sound asleep and woke up just before noon. She went to the door and opened it, hoping to find Charles coming out of his room but saw no one, so she went back, took a long shower and went down to the restaurant to get a bite to eat, as she had been fasting for almost 24 hours. She grabbed a slice of pizza and went to sit alone by the window and like a bolt from the blue, she was reminded of that message from Max that made her leave the pizza on the plate. She began drumming her fingers on the table thinking and rethinking what she would do. Whether she would ignore him or give him a chance to explain himself. Suddenly her mobile phone display lit up.

Did you sleep? 
It was Charles, she smiled at that message
Yes, I'm now at the hotel restaurant eating a terrible pizza 
She blocked the phone and returned to her thoughts.

"You have to eat pizza in Italy, certainly not in Canada" Charles sat down in front of her with a sandwich and started eating it. He devoured it, more like, as y/n continued to stare at the street and passers-by.
"Everything okay?" asked Charles, swallowing the last bite of bread. Y/n merely nodded "I know there's something else, spit it out" Y/n turned to him who was drinking water from a plastic bottle. She noticed the line of his jaw, his beard was growing and he hadn't had time to shave, his golden hair was curling a little on his forehead and the "Forza Ferrari" bracelet, that a fan had given him, was ending up on the sleeve of his blue jumper. He thought that Charles really was the perfect fairytale Prince Charming and that Charlotte was really lucky.