The parade

"Nice shirt," whispered Ricky to Y/n as they left Mattia's office. Y/n widened her eyes and realised that she had swapped her shirt with Carlos's, so she wondered if Carlos was wearing her tshirt or had realised it too late as she did.

*CARLOS POV*

As soon as y/n left the room, Carlos waited a few minutes before leaving in turn, so as not to arouse too much suspicion. They had decided to keep this matter private and no one was to know what was going on between them. Carlos was actually quite conflicted. He had always been a very private person, little was known about his private life, and he liked it that way. He could concentrate completely on his work as soon as he crossed the threshold of Maranello or entered any circuit. He hated the spotlight and felt safer being able to guard his feelings without anyone intruding or spoiling his peace. In this sense, when he and Y/n had decided to embark on a relationship after London, it was important for Carlos to keep their story safe, whereas now he loved this state of secrecy for another reason for sure. The fact that they were meeting secretly, that they were continuing their evening's work in a completely different way than the others drove him crazy, in a good way for sure. 

Knowing that they could see each other and enjoy themselves secretly from everyone, that palpable tension between the two of them wherever they were, those furtive glances, those forbidden messages, were something Carlos had never experienced before and he loved it all.

On the other hand, however, there was something that did not make him entirely satisfied. It was true that he liked all of this, that they had decided to keep their relationship on an exclusively physical level, but on the other hand Carlos missed the time in London terribly and he missed them all the times he looked Y/n in the eyes, all the times he lingered to observe her lips or her breathing when she slept next to him. 

It was not a thought that lasted long, to be honest, but it happened often, much more often than he expected. Yet there it was, ready to leap to his mind, overriding the physical desire to have her body in his hands, to make her scream with pleasure. That feeling of longing always resurfaced, enraging him. It unnerved him. It made him nervous not to have the situation totally under control, to have these thoughts popping up randomly in his mind and not make him enjoy the moment to the full. Carlos hated himself for it, because every time it led him to question the choice he made about Y/n and he didn't want to think about it. It had to be just a physical thing, not become an affair of feelings and philosophy. And he was quite sure she noticed him staring at her, not to mention the time he instinctively held her hand last night while sleeping.

And then there was another thing that made him nervous. He knew there was nothing more between Y/n and Max, yet seeing them talking together at the gala had annoyed him a lot, maybe that's also why they had ended up having sex in the bathroom of the villa. He had never been jealous of Isabella, not that it meant he loved her any less, no. It was his character, he had never considered himself a jealous guy, he had always trusted his partner. Yet Y/n had managed to make him experience also this feeling. Little use had been made of Lando's words that night, actually Carlos had barely heard them.
He didn't like the fact that Max was approaching her again after what he had done to her, he couldn't believe that there was no payback on Max's part or, in any case, he didn't believe that Max was approaching her again to rebuild a friendship that had in fact never existed between them, according to Y/n's words. Carlos was quite convinced that Max liked Y/n very much and that he was somehow trying again with her and he did not like it at all. Caught up in his thoughts as he was, he didn't realise he was wearing Y/n's shirt and headed to the pits where Charles was talking to some mechanics.