The text

When y/n returned to her hotel room, she didn't want to go to dinner with her father and Max, because she knew they would have talked about Carlos or something like that. That's why Y/n ordered the dinner and ate it in her room. She watched an episode of The Crown and went to sleep very soon that night.
The next morning, she went to the paddock alone, trying to avoid her father as much as possible. 
"Good morning y/n!" said Checo sitting in a chair in the Red Bull office. He was looking at the phone and drinking a long cafe on a cup.
"Good morning, Checo!" y/n went near him and hugged him, the only person who really cares about her in there. Checo and his wife, Carola, had always been next to her since Checo was hired by Red Bull.
"Yesterday I was waiting for you for dinner, were you okay?" he got up and hold her shoulder, his eyes were worried, like he knew something happened. After all, he's a father too, except for the fact he's totally different than her father.
"I'm fine, really..." said y/n smiling at him. He smiled back then he looked at her and his eyes were saying: "I'm here if you want to talk"
"Checo it's time to check the car" it was his track engineer and suddenly she was reminded she had to do the same with Max, so she left the room with Checo.

"Good morning y/n" said Max wearing his suit. He was calm, like he didn't know about what happened with Carlos. Maybe he really didn't know, maybe his father didn't tell him something about her for the first time.
"Good morning, Max. Are you ready to check the car?" y/n started working on her McBook and wore her hearphones.
They checked the car and everything seemed perfect. Before going to eat, Y/n decided to have a walk on the pit lane. She knew she could have met Carlos and even though she knew it wasn't a good idea, she was dying to see him again, just once, she missed his eyes so much.
She walked near the Ferrari box and as usual she saw a lot of mechanics dressed in red going in every direction. She looked around for a moment searching for Carlos but he wasn't there.

"Hey! How was the jet flight?" y/n turned around very fast, it was Charles, as usual, coming from her back.
"How do you know about the jet?" asked y/n to him.
"Carlos told me, of course!" he said smiling.
"Oh, I didn't know you were that close" 
"I suggested him to bring you to his jet. No need to thank me" he said winking and smiling. She smiled with a bittersweet smile, evidently Carlos didn't say about the discussion they had in the jet.
"Anyway, Carlos is not here, you want me to get him?" asked Charles pointing to the back of the box.
"No, it's fine. I have to come back to work." said y/n.
"Carlos and I will go to the fan zone after lunch, walking around the stage. You can join us if you want."
"Oh, thanks, but I think I will stay in the office, working for tomorrow." Y/n waved at Charles and went back to the Red Bull box feeling like a stupid for going there and not finding him. Why did she go there? She was very clear with Carlos and now Charles will tell everything to Carlos for sure. Damn it.
She went to the restaurant and ate alone listening to some music, in that way she could relax a bit and free her mind.
"Are you sure is everything okay, y/n?" it was Checo standing in front of her with a sandwich in his hands.
"Oh Checo, I didn't see you coming, sorry. Anyway...yes... I mean, no. You know my father, sometimes he's an asshole." Checo smiled and sat at her table. 
"He's a good leader, but yes, sometimes he forgets he has feelings."
"Yeah..."
"You're a strong independet woman. You don't need your father to tell you what to do." He smiled at her and ate all his sandwich in a second. She smiled and thought about the invitation of Charles for the fan zone. She got up and hugged Checo from the back, he held her arms tight then he let her go. He ordered another sandwich.

She went out of the Red Bull paddock and followed the crowd to the fan zone. It was full of people dancing and drinking. A couple of Red Bull fans recognized her and approached her. She smiled politely but she had to find Charles and, most of all, Carlos. She sneaked through the crowd until she reached the back of the stage where Charles was talking with some fans, he saw her and waved at her.
"Oh! Come here! Come here!" he was signing some autographs. She get closer to Charles and he hugged her. With his arm around her neck, he said something to her ear:
"Carlos is coming, don't worry!" he smiled at her nodding his head. She smiled but she was literally shaking. It was like she was meeting him for the very first time. And after what she said to him, she was afraid of his reaction.

"Where's Charlotte?" y/n asked Charles just to say something, the wait was killing her.
"She'll come tomorrow! She's in Monaco right now!" answered Charles dancing a bit.
"Oh I see!" y/n kept on looking in front of her searching for Carlos to arrive.
"You don't need to be nervous!" said Charles like he red her mind. She looked at him smiling and when she turned back, she saw Carlos coming toward her. He was walking in a very confident way, he was wearing a pair of jeans, red shoes, a Ferrari t-shirt and a pair of Rayban sunglasses. His hair was shining in the sun, as always. 

"Oh hello mate" Charles said to Carlos, they both hugged. Carlos looked at y/n and smiled a bit, she smiled at him back. Charles seemed disappointed in their reactions but he didn't say anything. 
"You guys want a drink? I saw a guy over there with beers." He left without letting Carlos and y/n answer. They stayed in silence for a bit. He signed some autographs but he seemed he didn't want to. When the fans went out of the backstage zone, Carlos and y/n remained alone again.
"Where the hell is Charles?" asked y/n, she was very embarrassed and was about to go away. The music was too loud and every time she said something, Carlos got his head closer to her.
"I don't know!" he screamed to her "maybe he's stuck with some fans!" 
"Yes! Anyway I think I'm leaving now! Music is very loud!" she looked at him, his eyes turned sad suddenly. They haven't spoken at all but somehow he wanted to stay with her, Y/n felt the same but she couldn't manage the situation. Once again, her father's lack of love affected her life.
She left the fan zone and got back to the Red Bull office to work.

CARLOS' POV:

"Where the fuck have you been, mate?" asked Carlos as soon as Charles arrived with three beers in his hands.
"Where's Y/n?" he said looking lost.
"She went away a couple of minutes ago" said Carlos drinking a sip of his beer.
"Oh...but why?" he suddenly felt like he was missing something. Before Carlos answered him, Rupert and Caco joined Carlos and Charles. 
"I saw y/n going back to the boxes, have you seen her?" asked Caco to Carlos.
"Yes, she was here before you came" Carlos looked away, he was annoyed, like he didn't want to answer. He has always been very private about his love life, and this situation with all those people involved, was pissing him off.
"I saw the way you looked at each other, mate" said Charles who had understood everything.
"Yeah, mate. You should do one last attempt!" echoing Caco. Carlos didn't say anything, it was his natural reaction to everything that pissed him off.

After a bit, the guys decided to return back to the Ferrari box and when Carlos get in his restroom alone, he set on a chair, took his phone off his pocket, unlocked it and opened the conversation with y/n. He red the previous texts after his podium and smiled at them. He thought about the first time he touched her waist, he felt like he was touching something very light and delicate but at the same time, sexy. Her smile and gaze appeared in his mind so he decided to send her one last text.

MAX'S POV:

"Where's y/n?" asked Max to some mechanics and one of them said she was working in the office but she went to the bathroom. Then Max decided to wait for her in the office; he looked at the working table, there was her Iphone next to her MacBook, which was open, so he looked at the pc screen and saw she was working on his strategy, he liked her work. 
Suddenly her phone switched on, she got a message. He didn't want to peek on her phone but he was too curious. He saw the preview of the text, it was from Carlos. He begged y/n phone password was her birthday date so he tried and unlocked her phone. He looked around and answered to Carlos, then he blocked his number and deleted the conversation. He put y/n's phone on the desk and went away.