The gala

"I hate this so much" thought y/n out loud while she was inside a Zara fitting room. She tried on so many dresses she was nauseous. She didn't like any of the dresses she saw, also because she didn't have the idea of how to dress for a event like this. She has never been invited to such dinner and this made her feel uncomfortable.

She thought her mum would have been the perfect help she needed right now and for a second she thought of how easy it would have been if her mum was on the other side of the fitting room curtain.
"This is my last attempt here" said looking at a long red dress she found almost hidden under a pair of jeans. She tried on that dress and looked at herself at the mirror. She couldn't believe her eyes, she loved it. She turned around, looking at her back and...booty. Everything seemed perfect and she thanked God for finding this dress, she knew she wouldn't have gone to the ball otherwise.

She got out of Zara and walked around the centre of the city to find a pair of shoes that wouldn't have made her feet bleed all night long and if finding the dress was hard, this was even harder. After so many shoes shops, she entered in one of them and found the right shoes. They were simple, black, perfect for the dress.
Y/n was exhausted and it was almost dinner time so she came back home.

Y/n was cleaning up the dishes when her phone lighted up. She didn't see it at first and kept on cleaning the kitchen while the tv was on, even if she wasn't paying attention to it. She was already agitated for the next day, the charity day. Max would have been there, Carlos would have been there. Max was trying to reconnect with her somehow, while Carlos...well, Carlos was another story. She was keeping on fighting against herself, against that need of being naked everytime they were in the same room together and that need of punch him and his ego in the face.
"It's better if I stay away from him tomorrow, that's for sure" said y/n switching the tv off and taking her phone.

"I will pick you up around 20, okay?"
It was a text from Charles. For a moment she had forgotten that Charles would have been her "date" for tomorrow. She smiled looking at her phone, thinking of how cute her best friend was and that, thanks to him, she could have spent the night quietly and away from Carlos.

The next morning she woke up quite late, she did a long shower because she had an appointment for the hairdresser after lunch and right after she would have her make up done by herself. She tried to get an appointment with a make up artist but they were all busy so the only possibility left was to make her own make up. "It will be a disaster, but I have no choice. You can do it." thought y/n in front of her mirror.
She came back from the hair saloon and she loved the way they made her hair but she couldn't have said the same about her face.

She had seen some tutorials last night before going to sleep and tried to repeat that steps.
"Ok, now I apply the foundation with this sponge I bought yesterday because I didn't have one..." she pretended to be a TikToker or whatever recording a video, just to convince herself she was doing good. At the end, the result was decent and after all, she did a good job, at least, better than she thought.
She took the dress out of her wardrobe and wore it, then she wore the shoes and looked herself at the big mirror of the room.

"You know what, y/n? You're not so bad, girl!"