A night in the yacht

"What the hell is wrong with Carlos? One minute he's acting one way, the next minute he seems like a different person. You know he's leaving today?" Y/n was furious and was taking out all her anger on Charles who was minding his own business in the balcony of their room. And yes, they had both decided not to get another room.

"Were you talking to me?" Charles was watching a video with cute kittens, so he closed Instagram and placed his phone on the small table in front of him.

"Yes, I'm talking to you. It's unbearable when he does that, isn't it? He's always making and unmaking everything. He always has."
Y/n let herself go on the chair in front of Charles who was watching her in silence. Then he took courage and spoke to her.

"I might have been the one who changed his mind."
Y/n turned to him, looked at him, raising an elbow, remining silent, waiting for his explanation.
"I told him we had kissed"
Y/n remained silent for a while.
"What? Why did you do that?"
"I wanted to shake him up, instead, he shut down and went into defence mode. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to and didn't think he would react like that."

Y/n remained silent, a thousand thoughts ran through her head. Then she thought maybe it was for the best. She thought that, maybe, that was the only way to break off bonds with Carlos once and for all, that they could both finally get on with their lives, since this situation of uncertainty was hurting them both.

"What did Carlos tell you when you told him about the kiss?" Y/n was curious
"He suggested I should ask you out."
Y/n laughed, Charles followed her, then they both got serious again.
"Would you ever ask me out on a date?" Y/n asked
"I don't know, would you go out with me?"
"I don't know."
"Yeah, we're best friends so..."
"...it would be awkward"
"yeah"
"yeah"

They were silent for a few moments, then Charles took a deep breath.
"You know I bought a yacht recently?" The sudden change of subject made Y/n wince.
"No, I didn't know that, congratulations. You know I've never been on a yacht?" Y/n had just suggested an assist to Charles, who immediately seized the opportunity.
"Really? Do you want to see it? It's in Monaco now."
"We could go to Monaco?"
"We should go to Monaco."
They smiled at each other, those dimples drove her crazy, that sweet smile always reassured her.

Carlos left that afternoon and Y/n and Charles spent the last two days relaxed, skiing, eating and playing cards in front of the fireplace in their suite, drinking good wine together. When they arrived in Monaco on a VistaJet flight, the temperature was much higher, the sun was shining over the sea and they first stopped at Charles' house to cool off for a moment, then went out to buy something suitable for that temperature. While waiting for the yacht to be ready for leaving the arbor, they decided to wander around the streets of Monaco. Charles pointed out to Y/n all the places that were most important to him, to his childhood, to his family.

"That was my old school, I remember when sleepy I used to take the bus there." "That's where Marta and Riccardo live, my dear friends, do you remember them?" "That's where Joris lives" "That's where I got my driving licence"
"And from there you became a womanizer" added Y/n who was following Charles on this walk.
"I am not a womanizer! At first nobody wanted me, you know?"
"I don't believe it" Y/n didn't really believe it. Meanwhile, Charles made his way up a hill and Y/n followed him without wondering where they were going.
"I mean it! Then I met Giada, then Charlotte"
"I didn't meet Giada, but Charlotte was really nice, I liked her"
"Yeah..I partly think Charlotte was suspicious of the two of us"
"Why does everyone keep suspecting us?"
"I don't know..." they looked into each other's eyes, the wind messing up Charles' hair and making him even more charming.
"Anyway, turn around, this is the most beautiful place to admire Monaco"

Y/n turned around and saw the sea and the harbour. It was really beautiful. They had gone up a lot, and you could see almost the whole city. The harbour could be seen very well and the sea immediately made her feel better.
"Do you see that white yacht there?"
"Yes."
"That's my yacht!"
"Man, that's huge!"
"Wait till you see it up close then"