Chapter 23

Y/n sat in front of her vanity in their bedroom. She nervously looked in the mirror before putting on some more blush on her cheeks. She knew that Lucius found her adorable when she blushed so she decided to accentuate that feature a little extra tonight.

It was now Friday and they had been invited for dinner by the minister of magic.

Yesterday had been magical. She'd spent almost the whole day with her husband, and the whole night too for that matter.

She looked forward to the dinner, but she was still a little nervous. She had of course met the minister before, but she had never properly been introduced to his wife.

All she knew of her was that she was a very stern woman. Quite a bit older than y/n, probably in her 40's.

She then felt familiar soft lips kiss her cheek.

" Lucius," she said.

" Hello princess" he whispered in her ear.

" I didn't hear you come in," y/n said.

" I wanted to surprise you" Lucius once again whispered, starting to place soft kisses on her neck.

This caused y/n to let out a little giggle.

Lucius got down on one knee and kissed her hand.

" you look stunning, my lady," he said in a deep voice, looking directly into her eyes.

" So do you, sir" y/n answered. She loved the subtle smile that would appear on her husband's lips whenever she called him sir.

" I love that lipstick shade," he told her while stroking her hair.

Y/n then leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her husband's neck. When she pulled back she saw a light pink lipstick mark.

Lucius chuckled  and placed a stand of her hair behind her ear.

" Now you just need something to wear," he said before walking towards the closet.

He pulled out a white dress and walked back over to her. He gently took her hand and helped her stand up.

" You'll look even lovelier in this" he said with a smile on his lips.

Y/n looked him deep in the eye and then slowly started pulling her right gown away from her shoulders. She saw how her husband's eyes instantly went to the exposed skin. A few seconds later the nightgown dropped to the floor.

With a shy smile on her lips y/n took the white dress from her husband and started putting it on. Lucius' eyes never left her, not even for a second.

When the dress was on y/n broke her husband from his trance with a tender kiss.

" Have I told you that I love you today?" Lucius asked, kissing her back.

" I love you too" y/n said.

——

Lucius led his wife down to the foyer and gently helped her put her coat on.

"Are you sure you won't get cold?" He asked, debating on whether to force her to wear a scarf or not.

" I'll be fine" y/n said with a giggle.

Lucius then took her hand and apparated them to the minister's home. They appeared right outside the heavy doors.

" Are you alright,love?" Lucius asked, noticing the nervous look on his wife's face.

Before y/n could answer the doors were opened and they were greeted by the minister.