Chapter 13

Billy slipped away with a gentle kiss on my forehead as the sun rose over the lake. I was exhausted and elated at the same time. If the clutches of sleep hadn't taken over me, I might have followed him. As it was, in the few minutes that my eyelids hung heavy over my eyes, and just before dreams saturated my brain, I shivered from the warmth he took with him.

I welcomed the deep sleep, but as quickly as it blanketed me, my eyes fluttered open to the sensations of fingertips running down my bare back.

"Morning," Billy murmured as he slouched down to the edge of the bed, clutching a cup of coffee.

I didn't have any nerves despite my nakedness; I didn't feel any urge to pull the sheet higher. There was no inch of me that Billy hadn't memorized at this point. Still, I saw no need to roll over and entirely expose my breast to him. Instead, I turned my head to him and let my eyes course over his bare chest. His jeans were slung low on his waist.

"You lost weight on tour," I noted as I tugged on one of his belt loops.

"Mmhmm," he agreed as he sat back against a pillow and held the mug of coffee to me. "I thought you could use something stronger than tea this morning."

"Thank you." I propped myself up and took a sip before handing it back to him. His eyes clung to the side of my breast. It was satisfying to know I was still distracting after the night we had spent together.

He must have sensed it as he lifted his gaze to my eyes and added, "you're incredibly beautiful."

I smiled and rolled to my side, giving him a better view. "You're not bored with me yet?"

"A thousand years couldn't tire me of you," he murmured as he pulled me to him.

"Again?" I giggled.

"We don't have to if you're too tired," he paused.

"Mmhmm, I'm not too tired, but I had something else in mind." I pushed him back, deeper into the pillows.

"Something else?" He asked as I kissed down his neck and over his collarbone.

"Mmhmm," I continued down his chest and over his stomach as my hands worked on unbuttoning and unzipping his pants.

"Lil, you don't..."

"Don't tell me I don't have to; it's my idea, so I know that," I scolded before I tugged on his pants. He shifted and helped me get them off him. "Lay back," I coaxed, before I pushed him back and gave him a long kiss on the lips.

I then began my descent again, over the stubble of his chin and down the soft skin of his neck. I let my hands course over his chest as my lips teased and tickled his collarbone. My hands slipped lower to his hips as my kiss swept over his chest. As I shifted lower so I could gently wash over his stomach, my hand moved to his penis.

"Oh fuck," escaped from his lips, prodding me forward.

My hand moved up and down, applying gentle pressure as I continued my kisses down the last of his stomach. I gently let my lips kiss the tip of his dick, eliciting another moan. The salty taste of pre-cum let me know the level he was enjoying the moment. As my hand moved down his shaft, I sucked him into my mouth, letting my tongue twirl around his tip.

"Oh fuck, baby," Billy groaned as his hand landed at the base of my neck.

I continued to bob up and down as my hand worked his shaft. Billy's breath became more and more labored as his torso twisted at the mounting pressure.

"Oh shit. I'm going to cum. Fuck." He gave me just enough time to be ready. His cum shot into my mouth, and I swallowed it and licked the last from his tip.

I wiped my lips and snuggled into his side as he continued to catch his breath.

"That was un-fucking believable," he finally said as he still tried to catch his breath.

"I've given you head before," I giggled.

"I know. That was just... I don't know, babe. That was just..."

I squeezed his waist in approval.

"Let me take care of you," he asked as he rolled over to face me and kissed my forehead.

"No," I blurted.

"You never let me," I sighed.

"I'm just not comfortable with it. It doesn't turn me on," I admitted.

"Even if it's me?" Hurt filled Billy's voice.

"Even then," I confirmed.

"Fine. I won't go down on you, but I still think I could be pretty handy." He smiled as he ran his fingertips down my back.

"That I'll never say no to," I agreed.

Billy was masterful with his fingers. He could play me like I was one of his instruments. Each slight movement, gentle touch, was deliberate and sent a different soaring wave of sensation through my body. Every pulse sent heat soaring through me until it burst from me in a dramatic mix of grasping at the sheets and Billy while panting for breath. Until I collapsed into him, melting into his side.

We lingered there in the moment's quiet. Intertwined with one, the reluctance to shatter the moment built between us.

Then, in a creaking voice, Billy managed; "you should get in the shower. We need to get to the store to pick up things for dinner."

His voice was weak, like a child trying to be brave. It caused me to snap my face to his, just fast enough to glimpse the unshed tears mounting in his eyes.

"Billy?" I murmured as my hand lifted to cup his plush cheek. Deep into his twenties and he still had chubby cheeks. "What's wrong?"

I watched his Adam's apple bob from a deep gulp, but no words followed.

"What happened?" I pressed as a surge of panic and fear fluttered through me.

"I want to protect you." The words came labored as though uttering them caused him pain.

"From what?" Confusion mixed with the fear.

"I hear you. I understand. You want to stay in the darkness. I want that for you. I just..." I turned his face from me.

"Billy, what is it?" I pulled his face into view.

"To protect you is to walk away from you and I can't do that. Every time I try..." He heavily swallowed.

I slumped to his side as I let my face burrow into his neck. "It doesn't have to be right now." I lied. I knew it was a lie.

He saw the path I saw rolling out before us and our road diverged. It was the only way forward. Billy was finally burning down the romance. Suddenly, the fear that we could never rebuild a friendship grew in its place.

"Just a little longer," he whispered as his lips danced over the top of my head.

"Just a little longer," I agreed.